rolltide.com updated roster format, and some updated player weights

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
check it out here: http://www.rolltide.com/roster.aspx?path=football

pretty good update from the older format.

interesting to note that Allen has added 20lbs from last years listed weight, and tomlinson has added over 15. It'll be interesting to see if that changes now they play, or if they've been able to keep their explosiveness.

Tim Williams still listed at under 240, despite all the offseason rumors that he was close to 260 now.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know Barnett mentioned recently that he's finally putting on some good weight. He's listed at 6'5" 200lbs. I think that's up 10 lbs from last year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mentioned it before, but I've given up on really believing those numbers. Some players never get changed after being on campus four years.

Kind of wish they would just list every player at 6'5, 275 or some off the wall measurables.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mentioned it before, but I've given up on really believing those numbers. Some players never get changed after being on campus four years.

Kind of wish they would just list every player at 6'5, 275 or some off the wall measurables.
They get stetched on all levels. But it's usually stretched upwards, so you can imagine my surprise as a 6'2" shooting guard in HS that my senior year my head coach listed me as 5' 9".

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I know Barnett mentioned recently that he's finally putting on some good weight. He's listed at 6'5" 200lbs. I think that's up 10 lbs from last year.
I hope that's correct. Being robust is crucial to the QB position. All of CNS's QB's have been so........I think back to the Croyle days in horror, but we do have much better depth ha ha. Weight aside, Barnett is the highest rated QB we have recruited since Namath. I cannot remember a 5 star QB that was also the MVP of the highest rated QB camp, rated by NFL scouts and former QB's, It is new but a final seal of approval. Wishful thinking? I want to get on with the Barnett years. If he is as advertised, it will be very entertaining.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I know - I was thinking that about WIlliams. it's strange that some get updated up/down and some never do. I was hoping that with the new website maybe they made it easier to maintain and so it would be more reliable, but who knows.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I saw Joshua Frazier in the airport this week. Good grief. His calves are each the size of my head. Hope he has a great year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
OMG !! How could life be any better ? Young, engaged to a hot surfer chick, stud athlete, people instructing him to drink milk shakes and eat Archibald`s BBQ !! OMG!!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
OMG !! How could life be any better ? Young, engaged to a hot surfer chick, stud athlete, people instructing him to drink milk shakes and eat Archibald`s BBQ !! OMG!!
'
Great post.

If he thinks life is grand now (and it is), just wait til he has some success as Bama's qb. :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They get stetched on all levels. But it's usually stretched upwards, so you can imagine my surprise as a 6'2" shooting guard in HS that my senior year my head coach listed me as 5' 9".
My senior year in High School -- they listed me at 5' 5" - even though I was 5' 9" -- because they wanted us to have the tallest and shortest starters in the District.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
252 seems high for a player like Tim Williams, but he will probably drop some of that weight as the season plays out. I have a hard time seeing him have the same type of success as a pass rusher at 260.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.