Corrine Brown indicted on federal charges - Go Gata!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
This indictment is going nowhere - Tim Tivo and Irvin Mayas don't take no jive.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I have long thought that most political positions just don't attract honest, intelligent people. What a great Country this could be if we could combine the best of each race in the American melting pot.
I have kids and grand-kids so I can't give up hope.

To think Hillary and Donald are the best we have, makes me sad.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Earlier this year, One Door President Carla Wiley pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud after it as determined that she had deposited $800,000 into the foundation's account over four years. Over that time, federal prosecutors say it gave one scholarship for $1,000 and that Wiley transferred herself tens of thousands of dollars.
Folks......she and her chief of staff took in over $800K......and only used $1K of it in a 4 year period......

She's not going to skate on this......

"Congresswoman Brown and her chief of staff are alleged to have used the congresswoman's official position to solicit over $800,000 in donations to a supposed charitable organization, only to use that organization as a personal slush fund," Assistant U.S. Attorney General Leslie Caldwell, chief of the Justice Department's criminal division, said in a statement.

"Corruption erodes the public's trust in our entire system of representative government," Caldwell added.

The indictment says that Brown, Simmons and Wiley "used the vast majority" of One Door donations for their personal and professional benefit, including tens of thousands of dollars in cash deposits that Simmons made to Brown's personal bank accounts.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.