2 Dallas PD shot during BLM protest (Update: 12 shot, 5 dead)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: 2 Dallas PD shot during BLM protest (Update: 11 shot, 4 dead)

I have a SERIOUS problem with people who out of one side of their mouths say "blame the person who did the shooting and not the gun," but who then turn right around and BLAME THE PERSON NOT DOING THE SHOOTING. It seems pretty cotton picking hypocritical to my simple mind. Granted, I'm not privy to the secret meetings of left and right and 'how we will all pursue our agenda,' but it might be because I'm the introvert, too.

Furthermore, I have a serious problem with people who don't understand the distinction of categories. Keep in mind I can affirm your point about Obama's agenda-setting, but most Presidents do this. He's just been a little more transparent about it (or perhaps its because with social media and the Left no longer having a monopoly on the press it has become impossible to hide it). But that's not the same thing as blaming Obama for the shooting, either.

All I did was make an observation. If you'll go back and look at the Orlando shooting thread, I made the point that Trump had just been handed a golden opportunity to show leadership and would probably blow it. He did it within minutes of me making the comment.

The problem isn't that Trump has said so many stupid things, it's that he's 70 years old and has never said a smart one (at least in this campaign).

If have reached such a partisan stage that me merely saying:

constitutes a "defense" of Obama then this country's education system is so far down the toilet that we may as well ask England to rule us again and be their colonies.

Obama didn't pull the trigger. There are PLENTY of LEGITIMATE criticisms of the Empty Suit that I'll gladly lodge, but this isn't one of them. One I will lodge is that I'm seeing he's already calling for more gun control. Sheesh.....that's legit, but he no more caused this than Bush caused 9/11.

Well, since you're making this assertion, what did he say that CAUSED this? Can you show me where the terrorists even knew it?

That's true, and why Trump is most likely to lose this fall.
Again, long and loud doesn't equate to being right....

Obama is the CEO....The Buck Stops Here, etc....

If a CEO of a company knowingly allows a flaw in his/her product to hit the market and by result - 12 people die, the CEO should be held legally accountable.

Right now - his action (or lack of action if you prefer) indirectly caused the environment we live in.....

He can't just take credit for his wonderful economy and low unemployment rate. He also has to take credit for the current culture that has taken ahold under his watch.

A quality person would take ownership of a situation and make a vow to make it better....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

It's looking more and more like there was only one shooter with a potential female accomplice. I've seen the video Displaced Bama Fan mentioned above and it is clear he was highly trained. He did a near perfect slicing the pie maneuver around the pillar which is not typically something the average person would know to do.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Complex or simple, it's a lot harder to solve a problem if you're misdiagnosing it.

And guessing that there are no solutions tends to reduce the odds of your finding any.
Well...what do you see as being the problem?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

There's bystander video taken from a balcony of one of the shooters engaging and killing a police officer. I won't link it because of that but can search 'dallas shooter caught on camera" on YouTube.

This guy seemed to be very well-trained and was not fazed by being shot at and quickly turned the tables on the cop. I wonder if he/they were ex-military.
I just saw it. Shouldn't have watched it. I would warn anyone, you better prepare yourself for what you're going to see if you choose to watch these.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Would be nice if my FB wasn't blowing up with people screaming "false flag!" this morning. "Beware of distractions that seek to take away personal liberties." Like, what on earth are you thinking?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

There's bystander video taken from a balcony of one of the shooters engaging and killing a police officer. I won't link it because of that but can search 'dallas shooter caught on camera" on YouTube.

This guy seemed to be very well-trained and was not fazed by being shot at and quickly turned the tables on the cop. I wonder if he/they were ex-military.
Look three posts up. ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Would be nice if my FB wasn't blowing up with people screaming "false flag!" this morning. "Beware of distractions that seek to take away personal liberties." Like, what on earth are you thinking?
I don't even get on facebook during times like this unless it's somewhere that I have family or friends.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I wonder if this attack is a retaliation for shootings by the police or an attempt to fan the flames to increase dissension...
The shooter, before he was finally killed, said he was fed up with all the police killings of blacks. So I would say its retaliation, but I would also say he planned this for some time.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 12 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.
Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.
When will the BLM movement address the violence within there own culture, do those lives not matter? Also, why haven't some of the BLM leaders condemned the Dallas attacks yet by saying that violence isn't the answer?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Black Power Political Organization takes responsibility for shooting - says more are on the way....

https://www.rt.com/usa/350178-dallas-black-power-claim/

A Facebook community dubbed the ‘Black Power Political Organization’ has claimed responsibility for the shootings in Dallas, which killed at least five police officers. Their page retrieved from cache reveals they promise more attacks.

The group’s page on Facebook appears to have been deleted or blocked, but its content is still available on Google cache.
On Friday, the group claimed their “sniper assassins” took down “five police officers,” according to the screen grabs.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

When will the BLM movement address the violence within there own culture, do those lives not matter? Also, why haven't some of the BLM leaders condemned the Dallas attacks yet by saying that violence isn't the answer?
That's been my argument for a long time. Fix your problems inside your community before trying to fix everything else. But I'm sure it's the white man's fault for all the black on black violence too. :rolleyes:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the black community/leaders have are always doing a lot to try to deal with gang violence, etc. this is not a simple, binary issue.

the protest leaders/blm condemned the violence last night/this morning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.