2 Dallas PD shot during BLM protest (Update: 12 shot, 5 dead)

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
One very important problem that we are dealing with now is few in the BLM group want to wait for due process when law enforcement is involved . They want a conviction on day 1. All the evidence and facts are not important to them. Especially when video footage is involved. They see all they need to convict and scream justice. They no longer believe "your innocent until proven guilty". However, they do think the "victim" is innocent and dont need due process to determine if in fact they were not innocent.

This disconnect is from the continued racial devide our leaders are both allowing to continue and in some cases stoking the fire for political purposes and their own agendas.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A white guy was shot by police in a community down the road from where I live earlier this week but I somehow missed Obama's immediate and presumptive response to it.

What kills me is that so many people like Clinton, Jesse Jackson, and Obama give condolences to the victims in Dallas but they have to include the MN and LA deaths in the same sentence.
Did you not see this when we got the moral equivalence between Rodney King and Reginald Denny?

To be fair - on first appearances, the Minn shooting bothers me far more of the two. I'm still awaiting the results but that's not one at this point I can find any defense or even mindset of the cop. I DO get the problems in the Sterling shooting but he may also be just as innocent.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
More coming out about the Dallas shooter, particularly with regard to his exit from the army. I don't doubt there will be more. He was obviously an unstable individual...

LINK

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So, is this murderer a racist? I haven't seen the term applied to him in any of the mainstream media articles I've read.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A white guy was shot by police in a community down the road from where I live earlier this week but I somehow missed Obama's immediate and presumptive response to it.

What kills me is that so many people like Clinton, Jesse Jackson, and Obama give condolences to the victims in Dallas but they have to include the MN and LA deaths in the same sentence.
If you dont see the connection, you're not paying attention.:eek:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So, is this murderer a racist? I haven't seen the term applied to him in any of the mainstream media articles I've read.
He can't be. He was black and by definition black people cannot be racist. (The same folks lecturing me about this one are the same folks who have invented "white privilege", like the black student Prez at Missouri who came from a family worth $20 million).

Btw - have you ever noticed that not one white liberal who writes on 'white privilege' ever resigns their job and demands it be given to a non-white person?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
One very important problem that we are dealing with now is few in the BLM group want to wait for due process when law enforcement is involved . They want a conviction on day 1. All the evidence and facts are not important to them. Especially when video footage is involved. They see all they need to convict and scream justice. They no longer believe "your innocent until proven guilty". However, they do think the "victim" is innocent and dont need due process to determine if in fact they were not innocent.

This disconnect is from the continued racial devide our leaders are both allowing to continue and in some cases stoking the fire for political purposes and their own agendas.
It's a problem with video in general and is not even remotely specific to BLM or any other group. People believe an idea and then see video that "proves" it to them so they react. In this case its the idea that cops treat black people poorly, which of course they most certainly do, so they react without caring whether or not these particular stories from the particular video are true or not. Happens on all sides of the political spectrum and has been for years.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Someone recently said that race relations in the US have been set back 50 years. They were so right it's not funny.
That can't be true. Fifty years ago was 1966. And they were set back fifty years ago in 1995 with the OJ verdict. So figuring that they went back to 1945 then and we advanced 21 years (putting us at 1966 by chance), we are ALREADY at 1966 race relations. Set THOSE back 50 years and we're back to 1916.

Despite the rhetoric on TV, I don't believe that for a minute. How many lynchings are going on? The Klan has to basically hide itself and no person wants his other friends to know he's in the Klan.

So much of this is TV inspired rhetoric. Incidentally, I had someone up in arms at work over me posting the photo of the guy who was the 'person of interest.' That photo might have been on my page for perhaps 45 minutes at best. When they clarified it, I took it down. You folks do realize that I did that because: a) you see, I actually LIVE HERE in Dallas; b) many of my friends/acquaintances spend time down in that area of town; c) they utilize social media while down there.

It never dawned on me folks would suggest I was a racist for it. But that's where we are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's a problem with video in general and is not even remotely specific to BLM or any other group. People believe an idea and then see video that "proves" it to them so they react. In this case its the idea that cops treat black people poorly, which of course they most certainly do, so they react without caring whether or not these particular stories from the particular are true or not. Happens on all sides of the political spectrum and has been for years.
They had a guy on the morning news who is a former LEO, trains them, IOW knows what he's talking about. They didn't like what he was saying, so he was sort of cut off. Some of the points he was making were good ones. He said that videos are a two-dimensional representation of a three-dimensional happening and that the distortion was such that it can be very misleading. He was also making a point about the Dallas shooter's excuse that he wanted to shoot white officers because of the LA and MN events didn't hold water, in view of what the search of his living quarters turned up. That was about where they cut him off.

One thing interesting to me is that on one gun fan site I belong to, there was a split right down the middle on whether the robot/bomb method should have been used. One faction, which I tend to tip towards, was that the end justified the means. The other was that it was a sign of militaristic drift with PDs and that next would be drones with missiles. This was among people who generally agree...

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's a problem with video in general and is not even remotely specific to BLM or any other group. People believe an idea and then see video that "proves" it to them so they react.
Yeah. But where I would 'sort of' agree with Skeeterpop on the Red Stick shooting is that from the video I saw, it fudges and you can't see the actual shooting or what fully is going on. We DO know the guy was killed by the cops, not even they dispute that point. But what DID happen when the video wasn't focused there?

That's the kind of question anyone should ask.

In this case its the idea that cops treat black people poorly, which of course they most certainly do, so they react without caring whether or not these particular stories from the particular video are true or not. Happens on all sides of the political spectrum and has been for years.
Speaking of video and treating blacks poorly, I'll go you one better. Remember OJ and the celebrations many black folks had when the got away with it? Vincent Bugliosi made the valid point that the problem was that the prosecution let Cochran and Company get by with trying to make "bad experience with the cops during a routine stop" with "cops framing me for crime I never committed."

And as far as video, well, once that glove didn't fit.....

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
My work mates that are black they were totally upset about all the shootings going down yesterday and the day before, I feel for them as this kind of action hurts the whole mind set of everyone.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.