News Article: 2016 Pre-Season All-Mack Team

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Given your selections for DB (The UF kid aside), I take it you share my belief this will be a special group of DB's - perhaps the best since Langham, Teague, and Shade shared the defensive backfield?
Would love to share some specific things that I've heard from around the complex, but alas, I cannot. I will say, though, that yes, this group of DBs will be very special barring injury. Expect a surprise at the corner opposite Hump. We want to keep Minkah in the slot

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Good selections Mack. I think the Pinero kid is going to be special. I know that Myles Garrett has more playing time but I expect Tim Williams to have as good a year as Garrett! Both of them are really beasts. RTR!
I think Williams breaks *gasp* Derrick Thomas's sack record.

And even Terrell Suggs's single season sack record (does he still have it)?
Couldn't agree more. Tim Williams should have a better statistical season than Myles Garrett due to the fact that he has a better overall supporting cast. Each and every one of his assault team has to accounted for every snap. Defense will be the meat of this team, again.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Couldn't agree more. Tim Williams should have a better statistical season than Myles Garrett due to the fact that he has a better overall supporting cast. Each and every one of his assault team has to accounted for every snap. Defense will be the meat of this team, again.
The offense won't be pedestrian by any stretch. Don't let the uncertainty at QB scare you away. This is the most talent at WR that we've had since I've been following Bama (mid-late 80s), and probably ever. Throw in Howard and it's not even close. (Side note: Miller Forristall is the real deal. Throwback TE in the class of the first TE I was ever fascinated with, Brent Jones).

The two freshman RBs are looking GREAT, especially Jacobs. And the o-line is rock solid except for one spot (you can probably guess which one is shaky).

We will score a lot of points.

The defense will be Saban's fastest, built more like UGA & FSU. So at LB you'll see more CJ Mosleys and fewer Trey DePriests.

We'll be better against the spread teams and probably not as strong as we have been vs the old school power offenses, but they are a dying breed.

I've given away a good chunk of my Bama preview. I've already said too much

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The offense won't be pedestrian by any stretch. Don't let the uncertainty at QB scare you away. This is the most talent at WR that we've had since I've been following Bama (mid-late 80s), and probably ever. Throw in Howard and it's not even close. (Side note: Miller Forristall is the real deal. Throwback TE in the class of the first TE I was ever fascinated with, Brent Jones).

The two freshman RBs are looking GREAT, especially Jacobs. And the o-line is rock solid except for one spot (you can probably guess which one is shaky).

We will score a lot of points.

The defense will be Saban's fastest, built more like UGA & FSU. So at LB you'll see more CJ Mosleys and fewer Trey DePriests.

We'll be better against the spread teams and probably not as strong as we have been vs the old school power offenses, but they are a dying breed.

I've given away a good chunk of my Bama preview. I've already said too much
I'm devastated about the LB news. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Would love to share some specific things that I've heard from around the complex, but alas, I cannot. I will say, though, that yes, this group of DBs will be very special barring injury. Expect a surprise at the corner opposite Hump. We want to keep Minkah in the slot
Sheff, maybe Averett, I'd guess.

The amount of athleticism/talent/experience returning is embarrassing.

I believe Ronnie Harrison will have an All-SEC type year, as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.