2016 SEC Media Days Thread

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This $$$ Auburn throws at coaches in raises and then buyouts reminds me of the Cold War where the US outspent Russia to the point of them facing bankruptcy. How much longer can they keep on keeping up with the Joneses?

It would cost the Tigers about $9 million to fire Malzahn after this season, but Auburn has shown in the past it's willing to part with coaches with excessive buyouts.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I couldn't get link to work...did a google search and found it.....it's still loading:eek2:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...malzahn-as-auburns-expectations-remain-great/
"One thing that hit me pretty hard is that I've got to be more active with the daily X's and O's and coaching that goes with that," Malzahn said. "And that's what I look at as my strength. ... I'm looking forward to getting back in the middle of things and enjoying the actual coaching on the field."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I really enjoyed the conversation between Saban and the pot-stirrer, Finebaum.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like the fact that Finebaum was willing to say to Saban's face what he has been saying on his show for the last month. I don't agree with Finebaum, but at least he manned up and said those same things to Saban when he had the chance. And he dropped it when Saban made it clear that he wasn't willing to discuss it further.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I like the fact that Finebaum was willing to say to Saban's face what he has been saying on his show for the last month. I don't agree with Finebaum, but at least he manned up and said those same things to Saban when he had the chance. And he dropped it when Saban made it clear that he wasn't willing to discuss it further.
I can respect that though. A lot of these media types chum up whenever the guy they grill for days/weeks/months/years is in front of them. Finebaum had some opinions on the matter and was willing to engage when the big man was face to face.

And I thought that this was sorta planned so Saban could make the case on his terms in a controlled environment (small roundtable), but I'm not so sure now...he was pretty peeved off camera.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.