Link: Kirby Enters Media Days with a Player Being Arrested for Second Time Since March

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Georgia defensive lineman Jonathan Ledbetter was asleep at the wheel behind a running stationary vehicle at a traffic light Sunday morning when police responded to a call that the car was blocking traffic, according to a police incident report obtained by OnlineAthens.com/Athens Banner-Herald.

Ledbetter, 18, was arrested for DUI alcohol and underage possession of alcohol, the second time he has been arrested for an alcohol-related charge since March 20. Charges from the first arrest were later dropped.

Athens-Clarke County police responded to the scene at Barnett Shoals and Lexington roads around 5:30 a.m in the latest incident. Police parked a car in front of Ledbetter’s “so that the white (Dodge Avenger) vehicle wouldn’t roll into oncoming traffic.” Police said Ledbetter appeared to be asleep but was “breathing and drooling.”

The vehicle was in drive and his foot slightly on the brake pedal. Ledbetter did not wake up after numerous knocks on the window, yelling out for him to wake up and shaking the car, according to the report.

Four officers total and EMS arrived on scene and attempted to wake Ledbetter up, even turning on a siren.
After 20 minutes of being unable to get Ledbetter to respond, police eventually were able to open the door with a “lock jock.” Police after several more attempts woke up Ledbetter, who said he had not been sleeping.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I saw an article or a post somewhere saying that after several arrest, Smart called a team meeting and went off on everyone in the room. He asked everyone to look out for each other and keep them out of trouble. Since then, players didn't listen. Disrespectful if you ask me. This is kinda similar to what Charlie Strong went through his first year at Texas, and I think it'll be growing pains for coaches and players this year. I hope it's a wake up call for the Georgia players to understand that there's consequence for everything you do that may not be legal. Their future isn't promised.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
As I recall, Mr. Ledbetter was committed to us for the better part of the recruiting process before switching after UGA offered his basketball-playing brother a football scholarship. Fortunately for us, the universe provides in mysterious ways.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I saw an article or a post somewhere saying that after several arrest, Smart called a team meeting and went off on everyone in the room. He asked everyone to look out for each other and keep them out of trouble. Since then, players didn't listen. Disrespectful if you ask me. This is kinda similar to what Charlie Strong went through his first year at Texas, and I think it'll be growing pains for coaches and players this year. I hope it's a wake up call for the Georgia players to understand that there's consequence for everything you do that may not be legal. Their future isn't promised.
Coach Saban went through that as well his first year. DJ Hall comes to mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.