Latest Bama News 7/11/2016 Thru 7/17/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: Latest Bama News 7/11/2016 Thru 7/14/2016

[FONT=&quot]Alabama football: What's Lane Kiffin learned from Nick Saban?Campusrush/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kiffin's creation of two effective offenses with two different senior quarterbacks—who had never been able to win a starting job prior—is one of the more impressive feats in recent college football history.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kiffin, who had run a pro-style offense his entire career, had followed Saban's orders to juice Alabama's tempo in 2014 and taught himself how to call plays that way. After studying with the coaches at TCU and Houston that off-season, he had planned to go fast in 2015. But Coker's skill set and Kenyan Drake'sinjuries, which forced Derrick Henry to shoulder most of the rushing load, made Kiffin slow down to a more familiar tempo. This resulted in two more wins and a national title ring.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Emphasis mine. Can't remember who, but it seems like someone was screaming that Coker and Henry demanded a more traditional pace and scheme 'round last September. Maybe Lane really does read RBR...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Indeed, Lane's manipulation of the offense to suit his players has been nothing short of masterful. The article goes on to discuss Lane's relationships within the athletic department, contrasting the celebration when he left the USC Trojans with the somber mood when Will Muschamp was fired by the Florida Gators. Only time will tell whether Lane can overcome his reputation to get another big shot.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

The Haters just can't get enough: op

Rabalais: Nick Saban may be a winner, but his handling of Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones case isn't | Scott Rabalais | theadvocate.com/rbr
Ultimately, though, much like Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen was criticized for doing Tuesday in the case of Jeffery Simmons, Saban looks like he’s doing right for his program. A program that obviously doesn’t have a better answer at left tackle than Robinson, who projected to be a top-five NFL draft pick next year before all this kerfuffle took place. Saban is above the competition in terms of his coaching acumen and recruiting prowess, but he isn’t above reproach. Like Mullen, he comes off looking like he’s handling Robinson and Jones in a way that will help him win. Win despite the costs to justice and image.
rbr op"Justice" would have been what, exactly, Scott? Kicking them off the team? Suspending them against USC so sportswriters would have more to bloviate about in the lead-up, "How will Cam Robinson's absence impact Alabama?"
And seriously, Scott, did you just compare video showing a 300-pound man going allJeremy Hill on a female, who was on the ground at the time, to four guys who were in possession of a joint and a couple of guns but bothering no one? Congratulations, Mr. Rabalais, you are an idiot.
That's about it for today. Have a great weekend.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

We'll certainly see....9/17.:

[FONT=&quot]Ole Miss' Chad Kelly declares himself the best QB in the nation-espn/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When asked whether he was the best quarterback in the SEC, Kelly responded, "I'm the best quarterback in the nation."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You have to feel that way," Kelly told reporters when he was asked follow-up questions. "In order to have confidence in yourself and team, you have to think you're the best. That's what I want our whole team -- from offensive linemen to running backs -- we have to think we're the best players and the best team out there. "I want to be remembered as the greatest quarterback that ever played."[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Well, young Chad certainly doesn't lack confidence.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking of confidence...[/FONT]
He'll need it op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

[FONT=&quot]Crimson Tide commit gives his take on the main difference between Alabama and Ohio State's recruiting class-seccountry/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I'm not even worried about Ohio State, so don't even ask me any questions about Ohio State," Cowan said at The Opening, a premier camp for the nation's top high school football players held at Nike's world headquarters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowan is the creator of the unofficial motto for the Crimson Tide's Class of 2017, "Savages wanna play with savages." That's mainly why he isn't concerned with what the Buckeyes' 2017 class looks like. He thinks there are more savages in Alabama's class than Ohio State's.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"That's ranked off of all those stars and junk, but we're talking about Alabama having goons and savages in this class," Cowan said. "I'm talking about boys who want to play and give it their all. I'm telling you all of my boys that are committed are savages. We are straight dogs."[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]This young man is going to be fun. Maybe he will one day create his own meme in the vein of "Alabama does."[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.