2018 QB Jack West commits to Stanford

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Not worried about next years class this early and everyone on this board knows how I feel about someone trying to better their education

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Not worried about next years class this early and everyone on this board knows how I feel about someone trying to better their education
I agree, not going to throw stones at kids while we are in this epic run, but it has been dissected ad nauseum that its the brain behind the sheepskin that drives the earning potential.

Good luck young man, hope you reconsider. National championship quarterback at Alabama would be a shoe in for senator around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I'll never second guess a kid choosing an Ivy League quality education over a state school. If my son ends up with that kind of opportunity, I'd gladly support his enrollment at Stanford.

However, I'm always a little skeptical about a very young person talking about a political career. I work in politics myself and that rarely manifests. Better to simply choose a school that gives you the best options and figure out the career path later. It's hard to plan on politics.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll never second guess a kid choosing an Ivy League quality education over a state school. If my son ends up with that kind of opportunity, I'd gladly support his enrollment at Stanford.

However, I'm always a little skeptical about a very young person talking about a political career. I work in politics myself and that rarely manifests. Better to simply choose a school that gives you the best options and figure out the career path later. It's hard to plan on politics.
This is my thinking. If he wants a career in politics, more power to him. Working in Montgomery, I've met people in politics that did not plan to be in politics until they found themselves in politics. Seems like the majority of times it just happens instead of being planned.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Yes, a Stanford degree is much sought after. However, the basic rule for going into politics is networking, networking, and networking, and if he plans to start his political career, there is no greater chache than being the QB at the University of Alabama. Just sayin'

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
This is no surprise for the folks around here, bright young man with a bright future, he's one grade ahead of my son at saraland ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.