GA News: OnlineAthens - Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt may have different style than Kirby Smart, bu

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
July 13th, 2016 10:41 AM

HOOVER, Ala. | Jeremy Pruitt’s intensity level was never questioned at Georgia so it may just be a notch down from his predecessor at Alabama that defensive lineman Jonathan Allen referred to Wednesday about the Crimson Tide’s new defensive coordinator.
“He’s more laid back than coach (Kirby) Smart,” Allen said Wednesday at SEC Media Days. “That’s just his personality. He’s still a great coach and we’re still excited to have him.”
Allen and safety Eddie Jackson, who represented the Crimson Tide at the Wynfrey Hotel, played for Smart, now Georgia’s head coach.
Jackson didn’t see much difference between Pruitt and Smart.
“It’s about the same,” said Jackson, a first-team All-SEC selection last season. “I can say he’s on you on details and takes it very serious like coach Smart did. There’s not too much of a difference.”
Georgia last season was seventh in the nation in total defense, eight in scoring defense, third in red zone defense and first in pass defense. That includes the bowl game after Pruitt departed when he wasn't retained by Smart.
“He did a really good job of improving Georgia’s defense,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said of Pruitt’s two years as the Bulldogs defensive coordinator. “He knows the system.”
Pruitt served as Alabama’s defensive backs coach under Saban before leaving to be Florida State defensive coordinator in a national title season in 2013.
“He’s a lot less fired-up, but he’s still a great coach,” Allen said. “From what I’ve seen from spring, I can see why we brought him in. He’s a hell of a coach. We’re so excited to have him.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.