GA News: OnlineAthens - Alabama not showing any signs of slowing down under Saban

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
July 13th, 2016 03:03 PM

HOOVER, Ala.--Cameras clicked with every step Nick Saban took as he walked to the podium Wednesday and they didn’t slow down much as he spoke as the top attraction at SEC Media Days.
The spectacle of four days of football talk here in suburban Birmingham is more flash and pizzaz than substance, according to college football’s most successful coach.
“I think we all sort of stand up here and talk about, you know, our team,” Saban said. “And if the truth really be known, anything that I’m going to say about our team you all have seen since spring practice…Everything I’m going to say about our team, you’ve already written about.”
The storyline is much the same for Alabama.
The Crimson Tide should be very good. They should contend for SEC and national titles.
Rinse and repeat.
Alabama is seeking its third straight SEC title, something not accomplished since Florida won four straight from 1993-96.
“I definitely want it to end,” Arkansas tight end Jeremy Sprinkle said. “That’s the goal for us to win an SEC title.”
Of course, anything short of a national title is probably a disappointment in Tuscaloosa.
Alabama has won four under Saban since 2009.
There is talent to replace but highly recruited backups ready to step in.
Saban mentioned that this is the first time in a long time that Alabama hasn’t had a proven running back ready to take over for Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake
Yes, A’Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed are gone, but the defensive line can count on Dalvin Tomlinson, Do’Shawn Hand and Da’Ron Payne to fill the void, senior defensive lineman Jonathan Allen said,
“I’m not worried at all that we’ll be able to find players to replace the talent that we lost last year and continue our dominance on the D-line,” Allen said.
Senior safety Eddie Jackson said this is the best group of linebackers--headed by Reuben Foster--since he’s been at Alabama and that’s with Reggie Ragland’s college career over.
Alabama will have a new starting quarterback for the third straight year with redshirt junior Cooper Bateman or redshirt sophomore David Cornwell possibilities.
Blake Sims and Jacob Coker were the quarterbacks for Alabama the past two seasons when it reached the national semifinals and won the title and a another new starter won’t change the goals.
“The thing is we do the right things we’re coached to do and get on the field and do what the coaches are training us to do, all of that stuff will take care of itself at the end,” tight end O.J. Howard said.
Saban is now in his 10th season at Alabama and turns 65 this season, but is not showing signs of slowing down.
“Coach is out there with us throwing the ball around at practice,” Howard said. “He’s running, looking well and is in great shape. No telling how long coach will coach but I see him going for a long time.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.