Link: Interesting numbers from a long-forgotten study on gun violence...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Little known fact #15 is enough to leave the 2nd Amendment as it is! Don't touch it or We the People, except for the political and entertainer ELITE, will be eliminated or become indentured servants or slaves to those ELITES.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Judge Kozinski in Silveira v. Lockyer I believe...

“All too many of the other great tragedies of history—Stalin’s atrocities, the killing fields of Cambodia, the Holocaust, to name but a few—were perpetrated by armed troops against unarmed populations. Many could well have been avoided or mitigated, had the perpetrators known their intended victims were equipped with a rifle and twenty bullets a piece, as the Militia Act required here. See KleinfeldDissent at 5997-99.

If a few hundred Jewish fighters in the Warsaw
Ghetto could hold off the Wehrmacht for almost a month with only a handful of weapons, six million jews armed with rifles could not so easily have been herded into cattlecars."

My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Fortunately, the Framers were wise enough to entrench the right of the people to keep and bear arms within our constitutional structure. The purpose and importance of that right was still fresh in their minds, and they spelled it out clearly so it would not be forgotten. Despite the panel’s mighty struggle to erase these words, they remain, and the people themselves can read what they say plainly enough:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Last edited:

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Furthermore, the most significant contribution of the 2nd Amendment is that it allows us to make choices based off what our own gun statistics say.

Personally, my gun statistics and those of everyone around me for my entire life, are a significant source of statistical data to draw from.

Anyone is free to base their decisions on whatever statistical data that is provided by whatever arbitrary source they choose to follow. I'll base my decisions off the statistical data that I've actually lived to compile. I know what mine say....

...if we're simply talking statistics.

There's a lot that goes into all the various type of gun statistics. They will all vary as the knowledge, behavior, and circumstances of the humans in control of them vary.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I find it amusing that an article on gun control turns up on a site named BeliefNet.
Guns save lives. Even Jesus said sell your cloak and buy a sword (Luke 22:36). He wasn't the pacifist some would lead you to believe.

Sort of like the Rev. Oliver in The Patriot - "A pastor must tend to his sheep, and at times, fight off the wolves."

;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.