Link: "Gehrig Dieter Already Making Big Impression At Alabama"

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I can't imagine Stewart not being on the field. He performed wonderfully for us last year.
Stewart had a few games where he caught the ball well, but I also remember a few where he did not. The Ole Miss game especially comes to mind here. Stewart is talented but he tends to take some plays off and does not block down field like he could at times. He got much better towards the end of the year.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Stewart had a few games where he caught the ball well, but I also remember a few where he did not. The Ole Miss game especially comes to mind here. Stewart is talented but he tends to take some plays off and does not block down field like he could at times. He got much better towards the end of the year.
Sometimes I think people are watching a different team than I am. From my vantage point Stewart has consistently done his job blocking down the field. Sure he has dropped a few, maybe he has had a few plays where he was not 100%, but IMO that has been closer to a rarity than the norm at every point in his career at Alabama.

As for Dieter getting playing time above others, I just see us having a more solidified rotation. If someone gets hurt, it just appears that we are going to have more tested options. This year we will not have to just hope a sensation emerges from that group. We know we already have them.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
^^^^^^^^
This is dead on. 3 of Alabama's 4 championships under Saban have been with first year starters.
Looking at the past 3 seasons alone it's changed as to "why" they have had success. Sims had Cooper and Yeldon and Henry, not to mention his escapability. Coker had a Heisman winning running back. This new QB will have the most stacked WR corps in all college football. It's not about one position. Our TEAMS win championships, not our QB's alone. The common thread beneath all of this too is typically an above average-to-excellent defense.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Looking at the past 3 seasons alone it's changed as to "why" they have had success. Sims had Cooper and Yeldon and Henry, not to mention his escapability. Coker had a Heisman winning running back. This new QB will have the most stacked WR corps in all college football. It's not about one position. Our TEAMS win championships, not our QB's alone. The common thread beneath all of this too is typically an above average-to-excellent defense.
You are absolutely correct. In my opinion, it all leads back to the super recruiting that Saban puts so much effort into.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
And Sims had tOSU down pretty deep until our Defense melted....
That, and we started getting a little too cute on offense and had too many 3-and-outs so our D did as you mentioned. Just like we win as a team, we also lose as a team. All the parts have to work together.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I'm happy as a lark all those guys can catch. My question is can they block? If not, they won't see the field as much. Just my observation in watching Saban-brand football over the past 9 years.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This is the most talented group I can think of. Pre Saban, in this modern era ArDarius and Foster would have been the best receiver on our team. Sure seems like a healthy Foster will be hard to beat out. I hope there is not a odd man out this year, that they get them all in the mix.

Seeing what we had at the position, the guy was either crazy or NFL caliber, I think the later now.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
ARTICLE HERE!

The article intimates that Dieter has a legitimate shot to replace either Ardarius Stewart or Robert Foster - which as far as talent is concerned is a weighty statement. Regarding the position assignment, the article also states that while some believed he would just take over Mullaney's spot in the slot, the expectation internally is that he will end up on the outside. Robert Foster can probably work the slot but it would be a big shake-up not to see Stewart on the field.

Thoughts?
Ardarius Stewart has this weird ability to make the insanely difficult catch.
I think Stewart is very talented, so for Dieter to beat him out would be an accomplishment.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Hope we see a lot more 5 receiver formations this year!

Can Sims utilizing his size and athleticism will go off this fall, as well.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If I were a betting man, I'd say we'll see our fair share of 5 WR sets, with our fifth WR being Bo (who could start at WR pretty much anywhere) or OJ.

When you have Ridley, Stewart, and Foster, then you add Dieter to the mix (the guy is legit) you can do a lot.

You can platoon guys and never have guys tired, go to an empty set, or do pretty much anything you like with all that talent. Just need the guy to get it to them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Ardarius Stewart has this weird ability to make the insanely difficult catch.
I think Stewart is very talented, so for Dieter to beat him out would be an accomplishment.
I liked him all season. He made the first of the two clutch catches vs Vols and another that stands out is the Iron Bowl catch....the ball had some velocity with arms up in back of end zone, plus he made great blocks on some of Ridley's great runs. It would be hard for me as a coach with a new a new QB, not to want him on the field, a lot.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I liked him all season. He made the first of the two clutch catches vs Vols and another that stands out is the Iron Bowl catch....the ball had some velocity with arms up in back of end zone, plus he made great blocks on some of Ridley's great runs. It would be hard for me as a coach with a new a new QB, not to want him on the field, a lot.
I agree with the above and would like to add that to me Stewart's steady improvement during the season was at least equally impressive.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I'm not too worried about the QB as long as the winner is not turnover prone. We have enough skill talent that this ought to be more like the 2014 passing game than 2015...veteran WRs + new QB is a much better situation than 2015's new WRs and QB scenario.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With the talent and numbers at WR we`ll have spread out and at slot, I just can`t see how anyone will be able to stack the box on our running game. All we have to have is a credible arm at QB to make them respect the passing game. The multiples that LK can employ should be just ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.