Chad Kelly: "I'm the best QB in the Nation."

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
TRUE STORY BELOW

I actually wasn't going to post this to the board because the story on it's own is a bit hollow - but about 2 weeks ago my wife and I were flying back from vacation and had a layover in Charlotte, NC. We needed to grab a bite to eat and popped in to a Sbarros pizza next to our gate. I had just order my food and slid down the line when I looked back at the tallish, rather gaunt guy now ordering at the register and realized "Holy crap, that's Chad Kelly!" I quickly grabbed my wife's elbow to inform her when I realized she was wearing an Alabama football team t-shirt. We sat down at a table and Chad and his girlfriend (or sister or whatever, I'm fairly certain it was his girlfriend) sat down perpendicular to us. My wife happened to catch Chad's eye and he looked down and caught full sight of the Bama t-shirt (It may or may not have said something about Winning Championships). He gave a small chortle/snort (or for the more cynically minded a "sneer") and gave a jerk of his head to instruct his girlfriend to turn around and take a look. My wife just spun back and we finished our pizza. They had a small snigger about it and went on their merry way.

The prevailing sentiment that I took away from the experience was just his physical appearance in regards to playing football. I'm just PRAYING Jonathan Allen or Reuben Foster gets a clean head-on shot at the guy. He was an absolute twig. I don't know how he wasn't injured last year running around SEC defenses. Obviously he's not a trash QB but it just feels like he's one Alabama LB clock-cleaning away from being carted off the field.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
"In order to have confidence in yourself and team, you have to think you're the best."

If you *don't* have confidence, yes, you're right.
But if you feel you are truly the best do you have to tell someone. I don't recall Coach Bryant or MJ making such statements.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
He was asked the question. And he might just be right. I have no problem with him.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Chad Kelly: "I'm the best QB in the Nation."

Dabo Sweeny disagrees. I would like to know what our defenders say candidly about the two (Watson & Kelly) having faced both of them. Having been at both games - I concur with Dabo. Watson had 400 yards passing and earned every yard. Kelly had 340 - about 140 were on 2 plays & we know which 2 those were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Agreed. I wish Ole Miss and the Barn could trade opening opponents. That way, Kelly could see firsthand who, in my opinion, the best QB in America is.
Agree - & I almost forgot Kelly had 8 rushes for 21 yards to Watson's 71 (Clemson's leading rusher in the game). Chad Kelly may be the second best QB in CFB - but it would be a distant 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So if Kelly is the best QB in the nation, I'm surprised that Tom Brady's retirement wasn't in the papers...........did I miss something???

Tim Tebow never talked like this. I don't know if Cam Newton did when he was in college.

OK, Johnny Manziel, you've got me there.......

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Learned a very long time ago from my dad, if you have to talk about yourself or proclaim how great you are.... Well. normally means you are ZERO.

Here is a novel approach, shut your pie hole. Let your play speak for itself.

RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.