At least 80 Dead in Terrorist Attack in Nice, France (update, now 84 dead)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sounds like we have work to do at home as well in that regard.....
Well, wealth inequality isn't just something Bernie Sanders' fans should be talking about - through out history massive disparities in wealth brought about (often very bloody) change.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
They are going to attack us if we meddle or not. They are going to attack us if we attack them or not. They are going to attack us if we like them or not.

They are going to attack us, because we are "us"....

So, unless you are planning on becoming Muslim.....they are going to attack us.....

At some point, we have to end it, or it will end us.

We are playing the same game with two completely different rule books.....

Our book says "play nice"
Their book says "kill everyone - man, woman, and child"

Not seeing how we win....if we continue to play the same way.
I believe ISIS is responsible for killing more Muslims (Shia?) than westerners.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
No we're not. We're allowing them to come into our country in droves. That needs to stop immediately and all "refugees" that have been allowed in, need to be expelled. If they want change, then they need to go back to their country and effect change.
Ok let's say they go back... The problem is too many western powers are affecting the outcome of the Syrian war,and won't let it come to a natural end. Either we need to back the Russians and Iranians or not back any side at all. We are a huge part of the problem of why there are so many attacks in the west.
They are going to attack us if we meddle or not. They are going to attack us if we attack them or not. They are going to attack us if we like them or not.

So, unless you are planning on becoming Muslim.....they are going to attack us.....

Well thank dubya and Obama for our problem, and while we are at it thank Nixon and Carter. Had we not royally hacked off the Iranians in the past then we probably would have a better handle on the Middle East. The problem isn't solely a middle eastern thing, it is just as much the US meddling in things they shouldn't be meddling in. Really when have we had a positive outcome in dealing with the Middle East. We always rush in without knowing the whole situation and always pay for it in the end.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

And - the right kind of "Muslim" at that. As bloody as the Shi'a have been against Sunni in Muslim lands, I do not recall a single attack carried on against non-Muslims in other than Muslim lands. Someone correct me, if senior memory has kicked in...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And - the right kind of "Muslim" at that. As bloody as the Shi'a have been against Sunni in Muslim lands,.
Aside from Shia and Sunni you still have race that plays a huge part in it. Arabs, Turks, Africans, and Persians are just as likely to kill each other as the Sunni and Shias

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Ok let's say they go back... The problem is too many western powers are affecting the outcome of the Syrian war,and won't let it come to a natural end. Either we need to back the Russians and Iranians or not back any side at all. We are a huge part of the problem of why there are so many attacks in the west.
No disagreement whatsoever. Unfortunately, its been a big problem for us for many years.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Aside from Shia and Sunni you still have race that plays a huge part in it. Arabs, Turks, Africans, and Persians are just as likely to kill each other as the Sunni and Shias
lets not forget the ancient tribes and tribal alliances that span borders, Pashtun, Kurd, Yzidi etc

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Again, there's a reason why these guys "rule" their countries with an iron fist. They have to.
they have to because "we" (see my earlier post) divided them into unnatural regions and placed leaders in place that agreed to suck up to "us" and give us access to their resources, much the same way "we" colonized Africa. Take multiple hated enemies force them to share a country that has it's borders drawn without regard to the peoples in it and choose 1 tribal warlord who "we" will support and you end up in a very, very bad place. Especially if that particular warlord has scores to settle (and they almost always do)

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Most people won't like this but the reality is it's likely far easier to convince a poor person with zero hope of upward-mobility to join the ranks in order to become 'great' than it is a person of some affluence who has opportunities in life.

I'm beginning to think that unless / until countries like the US stop meddling in foreign affairs, causing the many of the societal / financial issues that these people face and instead try to help them modernize we'll continue to fight these people. I'm willing to bet that they're almost universally backward, slow-minded people from places with little or no options for a 'good life'. No education, nothing - easily manipulated by crazies and those seeking power.

So, you think they're all Trump supporters.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Nice France Attack Stopped By Hero Who Jumped Into Lorry to Fight Terrorist

The Independent talked to police, who told them...
They said the man had hurled himself into the cab when the 20 tonne truck was held up by an obstruction. He wrestled with the driver, who seized a revolver and fired several shots at the man and at police officers who arrived on the scene. None was hurt. The driver was then shot dead by two officers.
Eyewitness Eric Ciotti told Europe 1 said that as people tried to flee from the truck, someone jumped in and was able to help the police kill the man.
"A person jumped on to the truck to try to stop it," he told the radio station.
"It's at that moment that the police were able to neutralise this terrorist. I won't forget the look of this policewoman who intercepted the killer."
Police say that if it wasn't for this brave man, then attack would have gone on much longer, and many more lives would have been lost. His actions were integral to stopping the slaughter.

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...topped-hero-jumped-lorry-hand-hand-terrorist/

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: 60 Dead in Terrorist Attack in Nice France

Yah, nuking them would certainly stop the hatred and make it really difficult for them to find people willing to die to attack us.
In several interviews the locals that are against ISIS and other nonmuslim tribes want coalition forces to bomb them. I've seen many articles as well that show that these folks have a pretty good grasp on the reality they are facing. One girl said she'd welcome a bomb and chance at freedom as opposed to being gang raped up to 30 different men a day. She said death would be welcome if it meant it would stop other girls from experiences she's had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

In several interviews the locals that are against ISIS and other nonmuslim tribes want coalition forces to bomb them. I've seen many articles as well that show that these folks have a pretty good grasp on the reality they are facing. One girl said she'd welcome a bomb and chance at freedom as opposed to being gang raped up to 30 different men a day. She said death would be welcome if it meant it would stop other girls from experiences she's had.
Sure, that's great. Considering there are 1.2 billion muslims on the planet and some 100k or so are causing the issues we're dealing with, I'd assume it's easy to find people wanting to see the bombs fall.

Of course, once those bombs being to fall and kill mommy and daddy in addition the bad guys, things tend to change - as they have over and over for decades now...

I'm not suggesting bombing the hell out of ISIS isn't proactive, but I am suggesting that if we want to stop the next generation terrorists, education and upward mobility will be crucial, combined with the western powers staying out of their business.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

For me the irony is that the one thing protecting muslims from extermination is western Christian-based restraint.
Saint Augustine and Thomas Aquinas were the major developers of just war theory. (Okay, so France is not much of a Christian country now, just a country with a lot of empty Christian churches, but the roots of just war theory are very Christian).
If the West and Dar-al-Islam mutually come to the conclusion that peace depends on wiping out the other side, does anybody doubt which side would prevail in that fight? So what is protecting muslims right to exist is western Christian self-restraint. So, my advice to islamic knuckleheads is, "Stop poking that bear, knucklehead. You will not like the result," or as a Frenchman might say, "Ça va mal finir."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For those who think we shouldn't either nuke or bomb the hell out of these animals, please see this link...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...terrorists-tortured-disemboweled-victims.html
Which is it, nuke or bomb? I doubt many would be opposed to precision bombing, but nuking is just plain stupid and irrational . You are basically writing the US death certificate by nuking a nation without nukes because of all the diplomatic and economic consequences it would produce for a short term decision.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Sure, that's great. Considering there are 1.2 billion muslims on the planet and some 100k or so are causing the issues we're dealing with, I'd assume it's easy to find people wanting to see the bombs fall.

Of course, once those bombs being to fall and kill mommy and daddy in addition the bad guys, things tend to change - as they have over and over for decades now...

I'm not suggesting bombing the hell out of ISIS isn't proactive, but I am suggesting that if we want to stop the next generation terrorists, education and upward mobility will be crucial, combined with the western powers staying out of their business.
There are 1.2B and 25-35% are considered radicalized which now makes that number 300M-400M...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

There are 1.2B and 25-35% are considered radicalized which now makes that number 300M-400M...
Yah, I know this, but how many are actively out killing people? A drop in the bucket in comparison. There are huge numbers of racists in the US but how many are actively injuring others because of their skin color?

I couldn't care less if some muslim thinks someone should be killed because they're gay, but if they decide to act on their beliefs, we'll have a problem. If 300 million muslims were truly radicalized - as in willing to strap on explosive and murder people - this would be a much bigger problem (and islam would be wiped off the face of the earth). The reality is there's a few hundred thousand - at most - willing to do the stuff that needs to be addressed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.