Convention wackiness thread - GOP Edition

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
cause I feel its going to be nutty across this board, I'll start a Democrat thread as soon something odd pops up (Betting now BLM is first)

for instance, this just went up in Cleveland near the convention center

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
... I'll start a Democrat thread as soon something odd pops up.
Not exactly wackiness but Philadelphia airport workers are going on strike during the Democratic convention. As some one who is mostly sympathetic to unions, I would like to see the Dems carpool into town.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not exactly wackiness but Philadelphia airport workers are going on strike during the Democratic convention. As some one who is mostly sympathetic to unions, I would like to see the Dems carpool into town.
If you recall previous Democratic conventions (replete with chauffeur driven limousines while encouraging us all to ditch our gas guzzlers in favor of yugos and bicycles) you'll realize that could never happen. The Democrat elites are way too good and important to ever carpool with anyone, even each other.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
cause I feel its going to be nutty across this board, I'll start a Democrat thread as soon something odd pops up (Betting now BLM is first)

for instance, this just went up in Cleveland near the convention center

That is pretty funny.

Actually, on social issues, I'd bet Trump is way to the left of the platform committee folks, but whatever. Free speech, ain't it great?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think on most social issues, Trump really doesn't care one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I think on most social issues, Trump really doesn't care one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct. He's not now or will he ever try to overturn gay marriage. That's a wedge issue driven by emotions and there are many more pressing issues.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That is correct. He's not now or will he ever try to overturn gay marriage. That's a wedge issue driven by emotions and there are many more pressing issues.
one of the very few things he has absolutely been consistent on recently is his pandering to evangelicals and that means promisses to appoint sumpreme court justices that will overturn Obergfell. Will he be honest and actually follow through? No idea but I doubt he gets the chance

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...VJ is even now desperately trying to find a picture of Hillary smooching Monica Lewinsky!:eek2:

You're more likely to find a pseudo-BDSM picture of Hillary standing over a tied-up Monica holding whips and/or chains, ready to inflict punishment.

Not for screwing her husband, of course, since it's obvious she doesn't really care about that but for making her look bad, publicly.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Politicians are much the same as truth on the internet.

Is the sign showing how liberal Donald is or is it a blue font sign? This is going to be the most fun election ever!
if you go to the website it is very serious. They are asking the GOP to get rid of their hateful language towards the LGBT Community and showing how whenever these laws targeting LGBT individuals get publicity the number of kids committing suicide and calling suicide hotlines sky rockets

Course that won't happen

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
if you go to the website it is very serious. They are asking the GOP to get rid of their hateful language towards the LGBT Community and showing how whenever these laws targeting LGBT individuals get publicity the number of kids committing suicide and calling suicide hotlines sky rockets

Course that won't happen
Marry whoever you want. A dog, your car, a tree, whatever. But how does someone's belief that marriage is between a man and a woman qualify as "hateful language"?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've read that carrying a water gun (squirt gun) in the vicinity of the convention will get you arrested...a real gun, no problem. :rolleyes:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Marry whoever you want. A dog, your car, a tree, whatever. But how does someone's belief that marriage is between a man and a woman qualify as "hateful language"?
show me a dog, car, tree or "whatever" that can consent and I am fine with it, until then yeah. The GOP clearly hates gays

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
show me a dog, car, tree or "whatever" that can consent and I am fine with it, until then yeah. The GOP clearly hates gays
I don't know anyone within the actual GOP, so I have no opinion on whether ''the party'' has any feeling towards gays.
I do however know a lot of Republican voters, and I've not heard not a single one of them ever express such feelings toward gays in general or any particular person or group of persons within the gay community.
That said, I can only assume that the reverse must be true. It is you who hates the GOP, and only you know the true reason.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't know anyone within the actual GOP, so I have no opinion on whether ''the party'' has any feeling towards gays.
I do however know a lot of Republican voters, and I've not heard not a single one of them ever express such feelings toward gays in general or any particular person or group of persons within the gay community.
That said, I can only assume that the reverse must be true. It is you who hates the GOP, and only you know the true reason.
I hate what the GOP, my party, well former party has become.

they used to care about freedom for all and now they've turned into a bunch of whiny cry babies that can't stand their loss of privilege

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
I hate what the GOP, my party, well former party has become.

they used to care about freedom for all and now they've turned into a bunch of whiny cry babies that can't stand their loss of privilege
That's fine, and it's your right to feel any way you like, and for whatever reasons you feel appropriate.
Please though, don't falsely accuse others of those same feelings and then let that accusation alone become a justification for your own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.