Convention wackiness thread - GOP Edition

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Wow! The leftists are just beside themselves, aren't they? They have thrown everything they and the establishment RINOs have at Trump and it only rolls off his back. He's changed the rules of the game, and they no longer have a clue.
:biggrin:
What an apt comparison...stuff rolls off his back...what else would you expect from a man who sports a ducktail hairdo?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was actually thinking of what else would be bizarre and I got it - a Convention anti-drug anti-violence speech by Johnny Manziel.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
What he didn't say speaks volumes. It doesn't matter if it resonated at the convention hall or at your house, it is resonating across the country.
You're right. It shows for a fact what everybody was already thinking: Ted Cruz is a smarmy, whiny, petty little .... ant. I voted for the guy in the primary, but the only way I'd ever vote for him again is if he's the only conservative left standing.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
You're right. It shows for a fact what everybody was already thinking: Ted Cruz is a smarmy, whiny, petty little .... ant. I voted for the guy in the primary, but the only way I'd ever vote for him again is if he's the only conservative left standing.
Fair enough. That's your opinion and plenty of folks feel the same. Of course, Reagan refused to endorse Ford. Cruz is no Reagan, IMHO though. Can't blame Ted, though. I wouldn't endorse a man who insulted my wife, blamed JFK's assassination on my father, or called me a liar for months on end either. But then politics is not my forte.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Cruz' speech fell flat because no one was listening to what he said; we were listening for what he wouldn't say. He did not keep his word.
You mean like Trump did on....hell, name a subject. Self-financing or not is a good place to start. And does any reasonable person think Trump's claim of building a wall he forces Mexico to pay for has any chance of happening?

Perhaps the RNC should have learned from the 1992 DNC - you don't speak if you don't endorse BEFORE the Convention.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But wasn't he the only one left who still lost???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.