VIDEO: UA guard Ar'Mond Davis Can Shoot the Three

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Newly-enrolled Alabama guard Ar'Mond Davis' fingertips were smoking after a stint in the Crimson Tide's practice gym.

Davis, one of the newest members of the Alabama men's basketball program, drained 16 consecutive three-point shots in a video he shared via Twitter on Thursday night. Thanks to an automatic rebounder, Davis accomplished this in 1:04.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm glad someone on campus can! Floor spacing, plus the scoring, will help the team a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I saw it Twitter this morning. A couple of shooters and scorers will help this team immensely. Down the stretch last year we faded because teams figured out if the covered Retin and limited him, we weren't capable of producing enough points to win.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw it Twitter this morning. A couple of shooters and scorers will help this team immensely. Down the stretch last year we faded because teams figured out if the covered Retin and limited him, we weren't capable of producing enough points to win.
If the Riley Norris that played in the first game of the SEC tournament was the Riley Norris for this entire season, the team can be very good. The way he was hitting 3s and playing, teams won't be able to focus solely on Dazon.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If the Riley Norris that played in the first game of the SEC tournament was the Riley Norris for this entire season, the team can be very good. The way he was hitting 3s and playing, teams won't be able to focus solely on Dazon.
I think the difference is we'll have Nick King, Hale, Davis, Riley, and Dazon all of whom can score. When was the last time we had a scoring threat from 4 of the 5 positions on the court. I am hoping Taylor can defend and rebound which is all we need from him. Donta Hall I think is going to improve leaps and bounds this year with a year in the weight room. With Brandon Austin, and AJ jr I think we'll be really fun to watch.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I have no problem with him scoring 48 points in a row with no misses if he wants. I have a feeling the other team will start to defend him after about 42 straight points though...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The only guy at UA I've ever seen that compares to that was Mo Lewis.
My son of 13 years old, at the time, attended Mark Gottfried's basketball camp one summer and M.G. demonstrated how the Tide did their shoot around. Mo hit like 38 three's in a row! Incredible.
But he wasn't on the clock. A team mate rebounded the ball and passed it back to Mo, but it wasn't like a race. This newbie didn't have time to even think. A totally "WOW", performance. Go Avery!!!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The only guy at UA I've ever seen that compares to that was Mo Lewis.
My son of 13 years old, at the time, attended Mark Gottfried's basketball camp one summer and M.G. demonstrated how the Tide did their shoot around. Mo hit like 38 three's in a row! Incredible.
But he wasn't on the clock. A team mate rebounded the ball and passed it back to Mo, but it wasn't like a race. This newbie didn't have time to even think. A totally "WOW", performance. Go Avery!!!!
Do you mean Mo Williams?

I bet Earnest Shelton would have been close to that. Probably one of my all-time favs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.