Trump or Hillary...and why?

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
The most qualified candidate is the two-term governor of New Mexico.

But if I'd have to choose between Hillary and Trump, I'd go with Trump. I figure if we're going to trash the country even more, we might as well have some fun in the process.

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American
Hillary. I actually don’t have an unfavorable opinion of her, and I think she’d be a great president. She's certainly the most qualified candidate in my lifetime.

• She recognizes the reality of climate change and understands something needs to be done. The GOP doesn’t.
  • She speaks about campaign finance reform and decries the Citizens United ruling. The GOP doesn’t recognize this as a problem.
  • She supports some degree of gun reform. The GOP refuses to even discuss a compromise position, going against America’s majority opinion.
  • She wants to build on Obamacare. The GOP wants to tear it down without an alternative system to institute.
  • She recognizes the need for immigration reform. The GOP refuses to even debate it, and Trump’s immigration "policies" are as racist as they are outrageous.
  • She supports LGBT rights. The GOP does not, and Trump chose the architect of Indiana’s failed anti-LGBT bill as his VP.
  • She recognizes the problem of student debt. The GOP has been silent on this issue.
  • She wants to restore voting rights. The GOP has been actively restricting them.
  • Trump is a hot-headed, racist misogynist who I cannot imagine being composed under pressure. Clinton is rational and composed.
Knew you couldn't resist name calling, with all the preamble crap before it you could have saved some keyboard pecking.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hillary. I actually don’t have an unfavorable opinion of her, and I think she’d be a great president. She's certainly the most qualified candidate in my lifetime.

• She recognizes the reality of climate change and understands something needs to be done. The GOP doesn’t.
  • She speaks about campaign finance reform and decries the Citizens United ruling. The GOP doesn’t recognize this as a problem.
  • She supports some degree of gun reform. The GOP refuses to even discuss a compromise position, going against America’s majority opinion.
  • She wants to build on Obamacare. The GOP wants to tear it down without an alternative system to institute.
  • She recognizes the need for immigration reform. The GOP refuses to even debate it, and Trump’s immigration "policies" are as racist as they are outrageous.
  • She supports LGBT rights. The GOP does not, and Trump chose the architect of Indiana’s failed anti-LGBT bill as his VP.
  • She recognizes the problem of student debt. The GOP has been silent on this issue.
  • She wants to restore voting rights. The GOP has been actively restricting them.
  • Trump is a hot-headed, racist misogynist who I cannot imagine being composed under pressure. Clinton is rational and composed.
You could have saved some time by simply saying a person is only qualified of they're liberal. It would have had the virtue of honesty. What's funny is you actually write as if you BELIEVE her positions on this stuff are real.

Here's a hint: they aren't.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Translation: Hillary has some vague, big government solution for any real or imagined problem.

For example: student loans. The problem is that government took over the student loan industry and passes out massive amounts of cash to anyone who wants it without consideration of the quality of the degree to be pursued. Demand is artificially spiked. People who have no business attending college are encouraged to do so. Costs go way up; student loan debt follows suit. Pointless degrees are achieved. And so on. This is a problem big government made. Unless Hillary's solution is to unravel government involvement, she's just pandering to the college crowd. Wanting to pile bad program on top of bad program does not make one qualified to be president. It makes her a liar or a moron.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
This laughable claim about all of her alleged experience seems to be a form of thinking that repeating nonsense enough times makes it true. Jumping past Obama, the last President with as little "experience" as this shrew was Eisenhower. When she liberates Europe we can talk about those two in the same breath.

Any one of you using the experience argument who voted for Obama over McCain have already demonstrated experience makes no difference.
You cant argue that isn't a very experienced candidate. How a person applies that experience can be another matter but she has the experience.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You could have saved some time by simply saying a person is only qualified of they're liberal. It would have had the virtue of honesty. What's funny is you actually write as if you BELIEVE her positions on this stuff are real.
No, I think she's qualified because she's held high level political positions for decades, while her opponent has never held office. The fact that she and I both share more liberal positions is the reason I support her over her opponent (detailing which is the purpose of this thread, I believe). These are two separate points.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I'd like to see the calculator updated with Johnson's tax plan compared to Trump's and Clinton's.
From what I know and have read, it's a consumption tax based on what we spend. All for that but your not gonna put the tax people out of business in our lifetime.
If it was possible it should also include a constitutional amendment to eliminate the possibility of an income tax later instituted on top of the consumption tax.

https://johnsonweld.com/issues/

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
From what I know and have read, it's a consumption tax based on what we spend. All for that but your not gonna put the tax people out of business in our lifetime.
If it was possible it should also include a constitutional amendment to eliminate the possibility of an income tax later instituted on top of the consumption tax.

https://johnsonweld.com/issues/
I agree it would take a constitutional amendment. I also agree it would be difficult. Then again, who thought gay marriage would be legal in our lifetime? Or marijuana? Once issues gain momentum these days things move relatively fast.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What a surprise that he only post so far which has actually tried to answer the OP's question gets hit with the predictable procession of dislikes.

Um.......Seebell (post #9) says hi!

Also from the OP's post:
If you support Hillary, please don't say, it's because Trump is a buffoon, or some other slam on The Donald.
And from your post:
Trump is a hot-headed, racist misogynist who I cannot imagine being composed under pressure. Clinton is rational and composed.
Just sayin'.....:cool2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You cant argue that isn't a very experienced candidate. How a person applies that experience can be another matter but she has the experience.
How much you wanna bet?

Eight years in the Senate MOSTLY in the minority and was running for President for four of those
Four years as a Secretary of State

Never ran a city, never ran a state, never ran a business
Never wielded ANY executive authority ANYWHERE

And if being MARRIED to a guy who held a job is considered experience then none of you should balk at letting ME clean your teeth since I was married to a dental hygienist for 25 years.

She isn't even the most qualified FEMALE Democrat, much less 'experienced.'

Kathleen Sebelius had six years as a GOVERNOR and five as a Cabinet officer
Amy Klobuchar spent EIGHT years as the elected Hennepin County attorney (e.g. the DA for Minneapolis) and now TEN years in the Senate
Jennifer Granholm spent four years as the state AG and then eight as Governor of the industrial state Michigan

Vote for who you want but don't try that con on me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No, I think she's qualified because she's held high level political positions for decades, while her opponent has never held office.
Oh, so you voted for McCain then, right?

And Romney, too???

That's news to me.

And 'decades?'

Being MARRIED to the person holding a job does NOT somehow give you qualifications by osmosis.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Experience without accomplishment means little on a resume.
For the third time, BEING MARRIED to someone with experience does not transfer to the inexperienced person, plain and simple.

Using this line of reasoning, MRS Normal Schwarzkopf oversaw the victory in Desert Storm.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No, I think she's qualified because she's held high level political positions for decades, while her opponent has never held office. The fact that she and I both share more liberal positions is the reason I support her over her opponent (detailing which is the purpose of this thread, I believe). These are two separate points.
So, McCain would have been infinitely more qualified than Obama using this logic, right? If you are using "high level political positions for decades" as an argument. Plus, to my knowledge her political positions equaled 12 years total. 8 as a senator, 4 as Sec of State.....but only 8 years as an elected official, and to get that, they had to move to one of the most liberal states in the country....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I do think Johnson should be included in the polls. How can a candidate get the needed 15% to qualify for the debates if he's not even included in the polls.

Laugh all you want Memory Man. Water off a duck's back.

Of course, one must wonder how this person with so much 'experience' (in the mythical sense, of course) was so "extremely careless" with something a nine-year old knows better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.