Trump or Hillary...and why?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm looking for a positive reason to support a candidate. So far, all I can find are reasons not to support the opponent.

So for those who have made a choice, why do you feel that way?

One request for replies:

If you support Hillary, please don't say, it's because Trump is a buffoon, or some other slam on The Donald.

Likewise, if you support Trump, please don't say it's because Hillary is a crook or incompetent or whatever.

I'm looking for a reason to vote for one, not against the other. Right now, I got nothin'.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trump for the sheer entertainment value. We'd all have his speech memorized by the next morning.

That's the only positive reason I have and why I won't support either one.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Here ya go. Hillary (called Cankles by some) is the most experienced candidate we've had in a long time. Her views on most things approximate my own. The lesser of two evils.

Course I live in Alabama so voting for a democrat for President is like urinating into the wind. Is that rain?

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I just can't wait until first debate! Get your popcorn ready... Wonder if the Donald will talk about his shoe size again??

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Trump wants to build a wall to secure the borders, balance the budget, stop Muslims from entering the USA. I can go on but you also need to look at reasons not to vote for Killary Prison.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
We need a big change from the current establishment. Trump will give us something we have never had before. A non politician that will focus on the economy, our safety and the tax system. If anyone can change the tax system, I think Trump can.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've posted this here before.....and still feel this is a valid perspective when voting for The Donald:

It's like giving the middle finger to Washington.

I'm one of those Americans that is sick and tired of all the political BS and would love to have an outsider get into the driver's seat.

If I didn't think he could do the job, obviously all bets are off. Who knows how things will turn out but I'd love to see what Trump could do.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've got nothin'
I just can't agree with Bamaro on anything, but that was a great answer.

So, I'll say that I like RED much more than I like blue. However, I do like the Crimson shade of RED rather than the Houston Cougar shade of RED. I think it's the Houston Cougar shade of RED that covers Trumps head carpet.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Here ya go. Hillary (called Cankles by some) is the most experienced candidate we've had in a long time. Her views on most things approximate my own. The lesser of two evils.

Course I live in Alabama so voting for a democrat for President is like urinating into the wind. Is that rain?
LOL ^

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

This laughable claim about all of her alleged experience seems to be a form of thinking that repeating nonsense enough times makes it true. Jumping past Obama, the last President with as little "experience" as this shrew was Eisenhower. When she liberates Europe we can talk about those two in the same breath.

Any one of you using the experience argument who voted for Obama over McCain have already demonstrated experience makes no difference.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Thank God Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states. I can't say anything that would be a reason to vote for Trump or for Hillary. I can think of probably 10 or more reasons off the top of my head to vote for Johnson that don't involve "well, at least he's not x...".

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I do think Johnson should be included in the polls. How can a candidate get the needed 15% to qualify for the debates if he's not even included in the polls.

Laugh all you want Memory Man. Water off a duck's back.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Hillary. I actually don’t have an unfavorable opinion of her, and I think she’d be a great president. She's certainly the most qualified candidate in my lifetime.

• She recognizes the reality of climate change and understands something needs to be done. The GOP doesn’t.
  • She speaks about campaign finance reform and decries the Citizens United ruling. The GOP doesn’t recognize this as a problem.
  • She supports some degree of gun reform. The GOP refuses to even discuss a compromise position, going against America’s majority opinion.
  • She wants to build on Obamacare. The GOP wants to tear it down without an alternative system to institute.
  • She recognizes the need for immigration reform. The GOP refuses to even debate it, and Trump’s immigration "policies" are as racist as they are outrageous.
  • She supports LGBT rights. The GOP does not, and Trump chose the architect of Indiana’s failed anti-LGBT bill as his VP.
  • She recognizes the problem of student debt. The GOP has been silent on this issue.
  • She wants to restore voting rights. The GOP has been actively restricting them.
  • Trump is a hot-headed, racist misogynist who I cannot imagine being composed under pressure. Clinton is rational and composed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.