Things in Turkey Just Got Fun This Friday

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This will be something like the fifth time they have overthrown the government. Each time they have returned the rule of the country to its people. They take the guardianship of Atatürk's legacy very seriously. I'm not too concerned.

I wonder if this is something we should do? :cool:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just got back from the 4Way. Yemeni Mike was listening to an Al Jazeera broadcast in Arabic on his smart phone. The Al Jazeera reporter was broadcasting from Istanbul on his smart phone. Technology is amazing.
If we all pay attention, the horrors of WWII won't be repeated without a lot of attention. Lots of humans are capable of that level of evil, but are generally kept in check by the bright light of technology...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Doesn't look like all of the military got the memo...CNN says a Turkish presidential source reporting a Turkish fighter shot down a helicopter commandeered by "coup plotters"...get out the popcorn...
There's always 10% that don't get the word.

"Oh, wait, are we for the government or against it? Oops. My bad."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, what appears to have happened is a bad thing for American policy in the region. It appears Erodgan may have played secularist in the military into devising a coup plan believing the popular support and general military backing was strong. He brought all his enemies out into the bright light and he will exterminate them now. Turkey will be an Iran clone if it is as it appears right now. The only strongly secular mostly Islamic power is going down the tubes because NATO sat back and allowed this guy to sink his claws into that country.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Just got back from the 4Way. Yemeni Mike was listening to an Al Jazeera broadcast in Arabic on his smart phone. The Al Jazeera reporter was broadcasting from Istanbul on his smart phone. Technology is amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera/
Ah, the ever culturally diverse competing stores at the Maysville 4 way! My best friend who works up the street from there, has told me many stories of the "lil east intersection"!!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, what appears to have happened is a bad thing for American policy in the region. It appears Erodgan may have played secularist in the military into devising a coup plan believing the popular support and general military backing was strong. He brought all his enemies out into the bright light and he will exterminate them now. Turkey will be an Iran clone if it is as it appears right now. The only strongly secular mostly Islamic power is going down the tubes because NATO sat back and allowed this guy to sink his claws into that country.
Its a bad thing for the current administration's policy of pushing for more radical jihadi governments as it did in Libya, Egypt, Syria and was supportive of the now deposed leader who was starting to exhibit radical tendencies. Pakistan's military is the other one that allows some stuff to go on, but for the most part, they keep the government in check to prevent the from going to far to the crazy side.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.