Missouri AD leaves for same position at Baylor

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
To date, though, Missouri’s biggest contribution to the SEC is in the off-field drama department. There seems to be an endless supply; enough that its athletics director decided Wednesday after 15 months on the job he’d rather give it a go at Baylor of all places.

Roughly an hour before first-year Missouri coach Barry Odom was set to make his debut here at SEC Media Days, USA TODAY Sports reported that Mack Rhoades, the man who hired him last December, had accepted the athletics director job at Baylor

I am not sure why anyone who already has a job wouldn't want to stay far away from the mess at Baylor but evidently some people like a challenge.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ouri-tigers-barry-odom-mack-rhoades/87051140/

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Baylor is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel, so nowhere to go but up...Missouri is on the way down, and when any student stomps their foot, the powers that be fold like a deck of cards..a football team on strike? Seriously?
I have to agree. Baylor will be a challenge (which Rhoades will correctly point out happened before his tenure), but if successful, Rhoades will be the guy that led them back to respectability. Stay at Missouri and you will be in the middle of that drama, which does not seem to have bottomed out yet.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
The University of Missouri has big problems. Their freshman class is going to be down over 33 percent this year.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I still think Missouri was a good addition to the SEC, but for the foreseeable future their value to the conference will largely lie with their markets and TV sets. The trend they became a part of, of safe spaces (that oddly enough allow abuse of other people) and so on is a path to ruin.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I wish we had never admitted Missouri into the SEC. The whole university is a cancer and will probably try and spread to the other schools in the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
To be fair, MU is one of the biggest Journalism schools in the country so I can see the "safe" places and stuff like that. I used to live in Columbia and it's a different world in the city limits of Columbia, MO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.