USC HC: The most impressive thing about Alabama

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
"I think one [thing] that just leaps off the tape is coaching, the way they're coached," Helton said. "Just assignment-wise, the style of football they play, the discipline they play with. You're talking about one of the greatest head coaches in the history of the game in Coach Saban, maybe the best in our generation."

"I've been around the game a long time and two of the most brilliant men I've ever been associated with are Lane Kiffin on offense and Clancy Pendergast on defense," Helton said. "So to see that chess match, see it played out, I wish sometimes I could just have a box of popcorn to watch it."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...labama-nick-saban-clay-helton-comments-071416

Also worth mentioning will be the Tee Martin vs Jeremy Pruitt face off. I think there will be a lot of build up for this game, two traditional powers and all that.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The article has one comment up...all they can think of to take a swipe at us is over the number of national championships we claim. I guess there's nothing legitimate to knock about the team or coaches.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
"... how they're coached ..."

CNS is a great recruiter but so are a lot of other people in the game. Ever notice we're not the only program that gets the talent? Talent is everywhere. Some of it actually better than ours on signing day. Top programs will always get the 4 and 5 stars as long as you don't allow the program to fall to pieces. The question is ... can you coach 'em up? Not many can (at least not like CNS and staff can). CNS has both sides of that equation covered like no one ever has in the game since CPB.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.