Breaking News: Multiple Police Officers shot in Louisiana (3 murdered)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Breaking News: Multiple Police Officers shot in Louisiana

This is why the "Hands Up Don't Shoot" and "Any cop who shoots a black person is a racist" narrative has got to be stopped. It is inciting weak minds to undertake terrible actions.
The media do this to sell newspapers (or tally clicks) and it is getting people killed.
Someone who undertakes to spread malicious untruths that make them money but contribute to innocent people being killed, I'd call such a person pretty thoroughly evil.
This is why I cannot stand American news media. I literally cannot stand them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lemon claims he can't condemn BLM because he is a journalist. I wonder if he would condemn the KKK.
Well, Lemon is selective in his condemnation....

CNN’s Don Lemon condemned on Friday the people who have raised the prospect that Florida communities will riot if George Zimmerman is acquitted in the killing of Trayvon Martin, saying it appeared to be little more than thinly-disguised racism.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Can I ask a question as a white male? Why is Obama deemed black? Is it because he identifies as a black man? Because his ethnicity is technically equal black and white. Why does the fact he identifies as a black man even matter? As I said, I am asking for knowledge.
"One drop rule".
The one-drop rule is a social and legal principle of racial classification that was historically prominent in the United States asserting that any person with even one ancestor of sub-Saharan-African ancestry ("one drop" of black blood) is considered black (Negro in historical terms). This concept evolved over the course of the 19th century and became codified into law in the 20th century. It was associated with the principle of "invisible blackness" and is an example of hypodescent, the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union between different socioeconomic or ethnic groups to the group with the lower status.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

I wonder if BLM will start taking credit for cop shootings like ISIS does for terrorist attacks.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wonder if BLM will start taking credit for cop shootings like ISIS does for terrorist attacks.
The ones I know are running like hell in the opposite direction, just like I am that the shooter was briefly a Bama student...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The ones I know are running like hell in the opposite direction, just like I am that the shooter was briefly a Bama student...
within a few minutes of the dallas shooting, there were folks who are trying to conflate isis and blm. without a hint of irony, those same folks in the next breath lecture blm, the president, black folks, etc. on the tone of their rhetoric.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

within a few minutes of the dallas shooting, there were folks who are trying to conflate isis and blm. Without a hint of irony, those same folks in the next breath lecture blm, the president, black folks, etc. On the tone of their rhetoric.
iT'S NOT RHETORIC IF IT'S THE TRUTH PAAAAAWWWWLLLLllll

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

A question for thought. I realize that it is a very small sample, but could there be something (desensitization to violence for example) in the fact that both cop shooters had a military background with deployment to combat zones?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.