Alphonse Taylor Charged with DUI, Indefinitely Suspended (UPDATE: NOT GUILTY of DUI)

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

The police could have taken him to the hospital and done an insta-cup urine drug screen that would only have taken a few minutes if they believed he was under the influence of some illegal drug. Vertigo could account for some of the findings by police and vertigo can be caused by a blow to the head. Some otc medications can also cause some of the findings documented by the police.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI and Indefinitely Suspended

Am I reading the article correctly, it sounds like the case is not closed yet?

Sure sounds like GHB, if not a medical condition, if I had to place a bet on it.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

Well, I for one, owe Mr. Taylor an apology. It appears he did not owe his teammates an apology.
But I owe him one.
I'm sorry to jump the gun on this Alphonse.
This is why I've decided to stay away from this kind of thread until more is known. There have been times I was guilty of rushing to judgement when I have no right to judge at all. Having an informed opinion is ok as long as we realize we're all human and want whats best for the athlete as our coach has demonstrated. It takes a good person to admit they were wrong, many wont.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI and Indefinitely Suspended

If he blew a 0.0 and still acted drunk, why not take him to the hospital and have bloodwork and a general checkup and medical care?

I also apologize for prejudging him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Ya, hopefully he got a physical to make sure he's ok. Strange if he didn't.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Either he was high, or he suffered a concussion during the accident, but he hadn't been drinking.
Yah, something doesn't add up:

Taylor was charged with driving under the influence of any substance which impairs the mental or physical faculties and cited for leaving the scene of an accident. The officer found another vehicle in the parking lot that he said Taylor had struck with his Tahoe before he continued and hit the second vehicle.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I'm sorry, but looking back at the end of last season and the A day game, Taylor looked slow and off balance quite often......we need one of the younger guys to step up and take hold of that spot, and run with it, and dominate.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Good for Shank to blow 0.00.

That said, yeah, every way I think about it, something doesn't add up.

Guess we can give Shank the benefit of the doubt, but who knows what other information may come our before this is over.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I would bet that he was tested by Alabama, so Saban probably knows whether or not he was under the influence of other drugs. Since Saban has not publicly reinstated him, do we draw any conclusions about those possible test results?

I hope that this is simply a case where he was disoriented from banging his head, but I wouldn't bet either way without more information.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Innocent until proven guilty is the biggest lie I was told when I was young. I have never seen it in my life.
I have always wondered at the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" why they lock you up while awaiting trial. Isn't that keeping an innocent man in jail? They should rework that phrase so it would account for the lock up

But the law cannot regulate public opinion. In that court we are "guilty until proven innocent."

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I have always wondered at the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" why they lock you up while awaiting trial. Isn't that keeping an innocent man in jail? They should rework that phrase so it would account for the lock up

But the law cannot regulate public opinion. In that court we are "guilty until proven innocent."
Unfortunately, many don't seem to learn but want to be the first to condemn one of their own players - I guess to appear unbiased and righteous. How many of Bama's recent "situations" have proven different than first reported ? A Taylor, Cam and Hootie, Cyrus Jones... Even Jonathan Taylor was not guilty but terminated anyway because of his past, pressure and providing a plausible scenario in which to be charged.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Something strange about this - he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident. He called TPD, though.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

If he blew a 0.0 and still acted drunk, why not take him to the hospital and have bloodwork and a general checkup and medical care?

I also apologize for prejudging him.

This x2 for me, on both counts...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Something strange about this - he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident. He called TPD, though.

Next sentence in link.

"The officer found another vehicle in the parking lot that he said Taylor had struck with his Tahoe before he continued and hit the second vehicle."

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

This is what really makes no sense. A person could be under the influence of something other than alcohol, but how can you be charged with leaving the scene of an accident when you call the police. I also find it hard to believe that someone who was under the influence would call the police. None of this makes any sense, including his tweet earlier this month, where he appears to acknowledge that he had done something wrong, "Isolated events do not define one's character
....."

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

This is what really makes no sense. A person could be under the influence of something other than alcohol, but how can you be charged with leaving the scene of an accident when you call the police. I also find it hard to believe that someone who was under the influence would call the police. None of this makes any sense, including his tweet earlier this month, where he appears to acknowledge that he had done something wrong, "Isolated events do not define one's character
....."
See previous post (#117).

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

Unless I missed it, the Officer only administered a breathalyzer test (twice) and field sobriety test. I didn't see where a urine or blood sample was taken. IMO an Officer in this situation would immediately pursue additional testing to solidify his charge, and also have AT medically examined since he stated he had hit his head. Maybe AT refused further testing, I don't know. Also don't know how far apart the two struck vehicles were, but quite possibly his condition, whatever it was, caused him to hit the second one before he could gain control which would somewhat negate hit and run. As usualin these situations, as much is not known as is known.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

The driver of any motor vehicle which collides with any motor vehicle or other vehicle which is unattended shall immediately stop and shall then and there either locate and notify the operator or owner of such vehicle of the name and address of the driver and owner of the vehicle striking the unattended vehicle or shall leave in a conspicuous place in or on the vehicle struck a written notice giving the name and address of the driver and/or the owner of the vehicle doing the striking and a statement of the circumstances thereof.(Acts 1943, No. 558, p. 548, §4.)

ok, I think I understand. But given that he called the police after hitting the second car in the same parking lot, that ought to count for something.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.