Alphonse Taylor Charged with DUI, Indefinitely Suspended (UPDATE: NOT GUILTY of DUI)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

I'd expect "visible" public discipline for this one.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

C'mon man! Pay the $10 for an uber and avoid these situations. Geez..

Last edited:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

I know I risk getting flamed for this, but one of the consequences of not having a zero tolerance policy for this kind of behavior is having to tolerate more of this kind of behavior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

From what I understood reading different articles, he was in the doghouse because of being overweight. This situation certainly won't help. The only thing as bad as drinking and driving is texting and driving.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Just read he's also being charged with leaving the scene of an accident..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I seem to remember Taylor being on the hot seat because of his weight during the Winter/Spring. He wasn't even getting all the first-team reps during camp apparently...maybe in hopes of lighting a fire under his tail. So if he ends up suspended, we did at least get some legit reps to the depth at guard.

DUIs are definitely more serious than dropped charges in the case of Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know I risk getting flamed for this, but one of the consequences of not having a zero tolerance policy for this kind of behavior is having to tolerate more of this kind of behavior...

When has there been a zero tolerance policy?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't know of any SEC school recently that has kicked a guy off the team for a DUI unless it was in addition to other behavioral or academic issues.

My reckon is Taylor will receive punishment that includes a subtraction of play time. BUT we need all the facts...who knows, CamRob looked like he could've been in a prison this Fall by the facts released shortly after his arrest.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If Coach Saban makes him run stadium steps he might get his weight down too. I realize this is still the off season but it's time to get your head on straight and not be a knucklehead.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

When has there been a zero tolerance policy?

Fair enough. Let me rephrase, because of course CNS doesn't tolerate it in the sense of ignoring it. By all knowledgeable accounts, he applies significant consequences to such behavior.

Such discipline should have two goals: (1) to reform the individual; (2) to admonish the team. Let's assume goal 1 is generally met; I'd be hard pressed to argue goal 2 is. For whatever reason, our guys continue to get themselves arrested at a higher rate than most other championship contenders (slightly dated source: http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.