Alphonse Taylor Charged with DUI, Indefinitely Suspended (UPDATE: NOT GUILTY of DUI)

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI

I have two major issues with your position.
A: You seem to being treating all arrests as equal. They are not. Merely being arrested can range anywhere from not actually doing anything wrong, to rape and murder. How much weight would you put on a rape arrest vs. the crime of possessing a plant? I don't care how many arrests Baylor or Tennessee had, what they had going on there was what a real problem looks like and it is disgusting.
B: Not all police are willing to arrest and punish football players. So, just pointing somewhere and going on hey those guys haven't been arrested as much means virtually nothing.

Not only that, but you had 4 arrests from a single incident. Every single one of the players involved were kicked off the team. The only player allowed to return, from what I gather had no direct involvement (his guilt was that of being present). You can't let data be skewed by single incidents though, for instance you have one mass killing in a small country like Iceland and suddenly the homicide rate skyrockets. That's not indicative of now things normally are though.

It is hard to believe that at this point in time, some people are still so oblivious, and yet they are. How many times did someone report what Sandusky was doing? Yet, it took decades for him to be arrested right? Well, I guess they had a sterling arrest record for coaches during that period, but what means absolutely nothing.

How about Jamies Winston? What he apparently did (I can only say apparently because of steadfast refusal by the police to do their job appropriately), is far worse than any football player Nick Saban has coached as far as I'm aware. She reported the rape without knowing who he was, his DNA was on her (though they took their sweet time in bringing him in and testing), and she has bruises appear on her during the interview. Pretty open and shut case if handled properly, yet it wasn't even close to being handled properly. So, no arrest, Isiah can point to FSU as not having an arrest, but that means nothing. Let us not forget their running back beat up his girlfriend, she posted pictures on social media of it, and he wasn't even suspended a single game. That's what a problem looks like.

There's just no evidence at all that Nick Saban has a problem, unless you consider not covering up player's crimes a problem. I suppose Penn State and FSU would see it that way, but I don't. There's no evidence of Nick Saban harassing victims like Art Briles and Joe Paterno did, there's no evidence of coverups, there none of the evidence we've seen elsewhere of systematic problems. Instead, we see players who occasionally break the law and have to face actual repercussions of that. I don't see the problem...
You did really good!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I have two major issues with your position.
Always wanted to say this....man you be Krazy........but you always make good points that I usually agree with. As with your post, and further, that Coach Saban is highly ethical and fair at the same time. He was ahead of his time in developing communications between the players and police. As soon as he did that, you stopped seeing players arrested for "being too loud" on the strip. There was better respect. But as others said, he is dealing with the top players in the country. I have seen no other coach with top classes sustain team discipline and rules enforcement like he has. All other recent dynasties were being accused by other teams of not playing fair.....I am not seeing that with Saban. We will have some arrests, but there are a lot more happy endings.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As British Prime Ministers frequently used to say during Question Time, "I refer the honorable gentleman to the reply that I gave some moments ago." ;)
I would like to understand your point of view, but I see you're not up for explaining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI and Indefinitely Suspended

I read that Saban said Alphonse Taylor almost hit a baby carriage. I think Saban said it on one of the ESPN shows today..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Tide OL Alphonse Taylor arrested, charged with DUI and Indefinitely Suspended

I read that Saban said Alphonse Taylor almost hit a baby carriage. I think Saban said it on one of the ESPN shows today..
That's not what he said. He said he could have hit a baby carriage instead of a parked car like he did, which is why the DUI charge is worse than the other arrests.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Probably a good time for a heaping helping of "I screwed up. Nobody's fault but mine. I have some work to do to get right with the law, my community, my teammates, my family and myself. I dug a deep hole, now I have to work to get out of it. But I will work my way out of it."
Something along those lines.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

A statement by Taylor on Twitter would not probably help at all. If he were to release one, he probably should've did it through UA. He probably should've just left it alone and waited until things died down to where he can make an announcement apologizing for his mistakes. I suspect that's coming in the near future.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I agree one DUI does not make him a horrible person. But he certainly should have added an apology to the owner of the car he hit, the others he endangered and the police for causing them to have to deal with his drunk butt. (I get that is the cops' job, but a black guy making nice with the cops is some good PR right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Either he was high, or he suffered a concussion during the accident, but he hadn't been drinking.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/taylor-tested-negative-for-alcohol-at-dui-stop
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He told them that he hit his head on the steering wheel--no odor of alcohol--breathalyzer at 0.0.....no mention in the article of his being taken to the hospital for a checkup...?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He told them that he hit his head on the steering wheel--no odor of alcohol--breathalyzer at 0.0.....no mention in the article of his being taken to the hospital for a checkup...?
Something doesn't add up does it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

al.com just posted that he had passed the breath analysis test. they said he acted like he was drinking. he said he had hit his head on the steering wheel. I don't know why they did not take him to a hospital and done a blood alcohol test. here in Tennessee that is done routinely. surely, they will drop the dui charges now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Wow. So charges should be completely dismissed right? No blood or drugs were detected from his blood test. Weird situation..

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Well, I for one, owe Mr. Taylor an apology. It appears he did not owe his teammates an apology.
But I owe him one.
I'm sorry to jump the gun on this Alphonse.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

Well, I for one, owe Mr. Taylor an apology. It appears he did not owe his teammates an apology.
But I owe him one.
I'm sorry to jump the gun on this Alphonse.
It's good to see an apology from a poster. It's so easy to take what the media writes first and run with it as fact. Even the best reporters can only go with the information they're given from police reports and witnesses. I've been guilty of taking the information of some incidents as fact too early. Let's hope this young man heals up and gets back on track soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.