Stranger Things (no spoilers)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Has anyone else checked this show on Netflix out?

We watched one episode late last night after hearing good things and now have marathoned the other seven today.

Best description I've seen is if Stephen King and Steven Spielberg had an 80s baby It would be this show.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Re: Stranger Things

Never even heard of it until this thread, I'll give it a look...
It just released on there but I had been hearing about it for a while. Definite vibes of things like Stand By Me, Goonies, ET, Firestarter, and things like that.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

It just released on there but I had been hearing about it for a while. Definite vibes of things like Stand By Me, Goonies, ET, Firestarter, and things like that.
Yeah that was my comparison. I'm one and a half episodes in and it felt like The Goonies meets Stephen King.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

So glad you started this thread - I had no idea it existed. The wife and I started watching two night ago - we're four episodes in now. It's a killer show, very creepy, high production values. Also, as much as I despise most everything from the 80's, the attention to detail makes me quite nostalgic.

We're addicted.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

So glad you started this thread - I had no idea it existed. The wife and I started watching two night ago - we're four episodes in now. It's a killer show, very creepy, high production values. Also, as much as I despise most everything from the 80's, the attention to detail makes me quite nostalgic.

We're addicted.
Finished it last night. Excited for Season 2 :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

we just finished the series and enjoyed it. my wife is a little miffed that they left open the possibility of a second season.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

we just finished the series and enjoyed it. my wife is a little miffed that they left open the possibility of a second season.
The creators aren't 100% sure what direction season 2 will take I don't think.

There is talk that it may end up just being an anthology style show where each season is a different story with new characters.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The creators aren't 100% sure what direction season 2 will take I don't think.

There is talk that it may end up just being an anthology style show where each season is a different story with new characters.
Here's what I found while searching this AM:

"Speaking with IGN about what’s next for the series, Stranger Things co-creator Matt Duffer indicated that the follow-up to the series would be better described as a “sequel” than a “second season.”

Duffer’s comments prompted some speculation that the series might not bring back its entire cast for whatever comes next, but producer Shawn Levy seemed to address those concerns in another, subsequent interview.

“The plan is to continue with this set of characters while introducing a few critical key new ones next season,” he told SlashFilm. “So I’ll just say that a lot of the big mysteries get answered at the end of Season 1, but we are very much kind of unearthing new problems and questions that merit future stories and future investigation in the most enjoyable way. So we are in love with our cast and our characters.”

“Things end up being resolved to some extent at the end of Season 1, but not entirely,” continued Levy. “And that’s why we’re so hopeful we get another few seasons to live with these people a little longer.”

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Here's what I found while searching this AM:
That's what I get for skimming comments being in a rush instead of reading the full article.

Helps me avoid click-baity stuff (especially on Saturday Down South), but also miss a few things, lol.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

4 episode in and haven't read any of the responses above for fear of spoilers. This show is fantastic

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Unless it is explicitly stated that there are spoilers in a thread you will never get a spoiler out of me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The music selections and random placement of old movie posters has been very cool.
my wife and i both thought (with the exception of winona ryder's hair) that the entire production really brought across the feel of 83-84. although, there have been a couple of songs played that didn't come out until 1985 or so. but i guess that's just nit-picking ;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

my wife and i both thought (with the exception of winona ryder's hair) that the entire production really brought across the feel of 83-84. although, there have been a couple of songs played that didn't come out until 1985 or so. but i guess that's just nit-picking ;)
That and all the cars seem to be from the late 70s....which in small town Indiana might make sense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.