Stranger Things (no spoilers)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Re: Stranger Things

I was worried in the very beginning but it's worked itself out. I think season two has been announced already.
Supposedly it may even be out late this year. Which seems super quick but then 15 minutes of each episode is the same Voltron combining sequence so it may not take THAT long, lol.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Supposedly it may even be out late this year. Which seems super quick but then 15 minutes of each episode is the same Voltron combining sequence so it may not take THAT long, lol.
that has always been my complaint about Voltron, do they really need to show the full sequence every time?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Finished the show again tonight. As good as it was (if not better than) the first time. Incredible production, very impressed - the Duffer Brothers have put themselves in a good position to make a LOT of money over the next few years...

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My wife and I finished watching the first season last night. It was a pretty good show, especially for those who grew up in the 80's. In my opinion, the season was at least a couple episodes too long. The plot line became obvious pretty quickly so the show had a plodding/dragging feel to it. Also, I became increasingly tired of Winona's whiny character -- Winona overplayed the character a bit in my opinion. Nevertheless, if Netflix follows through with another season, we'll watch it.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

don't really care one way or another, but she looks a good bit different, at least to us.
It could be because it's been 10+ years since we've really seen her in anything. At least for me. Outside of bit parts I don't think I've really seen her since she was in her early 30's.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Finished the show again tonight. As good as it was (if not better than) the first time. Incredible production, very impressed - the Duffer Brothers have put themselves in a good position to make a LOT of money over the next few years...
Just think about the Duffer Brothers doing a Marvel movie. Think if Marvel let them do a Punisher movie featuring Jon Bernthal. I'm literally drooling.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

‘Stranger Things’ Is One Of Netflix’s Biggest Hits

Netflix does not track viewership numbers like typical cable programming would, the service is based on subscriptions, opposed to traditional ratings. SymphonyAM, a startup company, has become known for calculating Netflix’s programming information and ratings. SymphonyAM released a report to Business Insider and projected that around 8.2 million people watched Stranger Things in the first 16 days it was available on the streaming service. Things continued the binge-watching tradition that Netflix has become known for, releasing the full first season at once.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.