2017 DT Akial Byers Reportedly Gets Grades in Order and Commits to Mizzou

Harmless

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2015
Franklin, TN
Re: Akai Byers Fails to Qualify

I wish you guys could tell me why Alabama ever offered Byers in the first place. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble. Let's just say I am well positioned to know what's going on with Byers's academic situation. He has work to do to even get into junior college. Did you coaches like him in football camp or something? The eligibility side of his story is not good at all.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Re: 2017 DT Akial Byers Commits to Bama (Going to JUCO Due to Academics)

I wish you guys could tell me why Alabama ever offered Byers in the first place. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble. Let's just say I am well positioned to know what's going on with Byers's academic situation. He has work to do to even get into junior college. Did you coaches like him in football camp or something? The eligibility side of his story is not good at all.
It's long been known that he was an academic "risk". One can only assume that the staff wanted to have the upper hand when rerecruiting him. It hurts nothing and is to their advantage. They probably think a lot of him.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

you offer a kid even if there is the slightest chance he will qualify, if you like him good enough on the field.... what generally happens is after semester grades are calculated in January, we have a clearer picture. Byers did not improve enough to have a chance, therefore he does not get an LOI from Bama and does not hurt us at all.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

According to BOL he has gotten his academics in order and reopened his recruitment. We don't have room for him now and he committed to Missouri last night.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to BOL he has gotten his academics in order and reopened his recruitment. We don't have room for him now and he committed to Missouri last night.
Yep. He tweeted last night he's committed to Mizzou.

Good for him for getting his grades in order in time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am glad that he got his grades in order, but he would have been much better off gray shirting with a better program than going to Mizzou.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I am glad that he got his grades in order, but he would have been much better off gray shirting with a better program than going to Mizzou.
I agree with you for the most part, but the one thing Mizzou has done well in recent years is develop really good DL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.