Blog: Latest Bama News 7/18/2016 Thru 7/24/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: Latest Bama News 7/18/2016 Thru 7/24/2016 Weekend Edition

[FONT=&quot]2016 Pac-12 Media Day: All eyes on Alabama for USC - Conquest Chronicles/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With his big smile on as the only rookie in the room, Clay Helton said that there was a different feeling this summer knowing that USC will be opening the season against Alabama. He emphasized how excited he is that they get to play the defending national champions. Helton is also looking forward to the "chess match" between Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and USC defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The clock is ticking to the opener. Football is so close.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The USC Trojans have plenty of talent on the roster, including a blue-chip laden offensive line that returns all five starters to go with lots of skill talent and former five-star QB Max Browne making his first collegiate start. While the Tide likely has the depth on both sides to out-class the younger Trojans, this team certainly won't be a pushover.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

[FONT=&quot]USC's most explosive offensive weapon won't be playing offense in 2016 | FOX Sports-rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What the USC secondary just gained the rest of college football just lost, as Jackson was one of the single exciting players -- on both sides of the ball -- in the sport last year. While he's known primarily as one of the best cornerbacks in the country, Jackson made 27 catches and scored two touchdown at receiver in 2015.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Must be getting close if we're talking about an opponent, eh?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Doc had a nice breakdown for you last month of USC's primary receiver, Juju Smith-Schuster, but junior Adoree Jackson was an explosive threat in his own right, using his track speed to average over 15 yards on his 27 catches despite his penchant for the McPick Two-times-two diet. While Jackson has, by all accounts, elite cover skills, he is on the smaller side at only 5-foot-11 and 180 lbs. One has to imagine that Lane Kiffin will try to test him in isolation with his bigger targets such as Robert Foster or Gehrig Dieter. Along with 2015 Freshman All-American Iman Marshall, the Trojans boast a CB tandem to rival Alabama's pair of Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Adoree’ Jackson Returns to U.S.C. Football Team After His Olympic Bid Falls Short - The New York Times /rbr
Jackson will return to U.S.C. for his junior season. He maintained his football weight of 180 throughout the track season despite requests to drop to 170, which he found difficult. "I don’t eat poorly," Jackson said. "Well, I don’t think I eat poorly, but a lot of people might think so if you’ve seen my Snapchat. Last night, I had McDonald’s: two McChickens, a fish filet, a large fry and a large sweet tea. That’s just how I love to eat. That’s how I’ve been since I was a kid in Illinois. That’s all I do. I don’t recommend that anybody eat like that on the track."

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Auburn University to Hold Cattle Conference-bamahammer

[FONT=&quot]In the world that we are living in today with so much tragedy happening every single day it seems, we need to find things that make us smile or laugh.We can always turn our attentions towards east Alabama and Auburn University to find some humor and today is not different.According to The Auburn Plainsman, the school will hold a cattle conference during the middle of August. Yes, you read that right. A cattle conference.Sometimes the jokes just seriously appear and there’s not much else that we can do except share the story.No word yet on whether cheerleaders will be in attendance.A source at Auburn told me that he hoped that this would bring unity within the Auburn family, much like “Breakfast with the Barn” (early morning kickoffs) did last football season.The theme for this year’s event is “Playing Above the Curve: Innovations for the Cow Calf Producer.” Auburn football fans hope there is a concentration of the topic towards the football team.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In all seriousness, this is a much-needed event just for the simple fact that I love steak and it’s for some of the folks that put food on our table. Thanks to Auburn for doing it as well as providing a laugh for everyone at the same time.[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.