New Ghostbusters, anyone else see it?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I never cared that much for the 1st one so I doubt I will see this one. Much more interested in this weeks Star Trek Beyond. Its a little difficult however for me to get around because of an accident I had a few weeks ago has left me on crutches and "non weight bearing" on my left leg for 12 weeks.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't have a problem with it starring women. I just picture it as a crew of women who work for the same company the guys in the first movie did.

I just don't see a point in doing a remake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was going to see it until Sony made it into a sexist thing. I actually liked who they casted but I just can't bring myself to see it in theaters after that marketing stunt. I just don't like being told that I'm a sexist if I don't see it. I was seriously going to see it even with the horrible trailers, but that was just to big of a turn off. So I'll wait until it's at redbox, and I'll just go and save my money for the new Jason Bourne movie and suicide squad instead.

Fwiw,from what I've heard from people that did see it. I've heard either you totally laughed your butt off or the jokes fell flat. But overall I've heard the word "average" thrown around. I guess when critics are at 73% and the audience is at 53% on rotten tomatoes there is something saying it's going to be a serious hit or miss with people.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Some things just shouldn't be changed - just as Steve Martin will NEVER be Jacques Clouseau, these ladies (or anyone else) will NEVER be Ghostbusters - and I'll watch neither of them.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Doubt I will see it after reading Milo's review. The movie can't be as good as the Leslie Jones twitter meltdown yesterday...
I read some of the tweets people were sending her. That was ridiculous. You know, I feel sorry for someone who has to deal with such stupidity and ignorance. So, she's a black woman in a movie, big deal. That doesn't give anyone the right to hurl racial epitaphs at her. I'm ashamed of my fellow human beings who said such vile and disrespectful things. Pathetic...absolutely pathetic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.