Link: Racism thrives because black nations fail

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This is an article from last year. I couldn't remember if it had ever been posted.

Interesting concept. There's some truth to it as well. One can look at the absolute failure of South Africa and Zimbabwe and nod in agreement with the writer.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/columns/Racism-thrives-because-black-nations-fail-_19196594

Racism is about power not race. Black power was good, but misguided. One black man's success is no use as racism is not about personal power. Racism is about nation power. The day one black nation has top military, space and nuclear capability, racism goes into immediate remission. We can then dump goody-goody projects, empowerment seminars and basket weaving. Blacks will have power and get respect!

No black nation colonised a white one or other -- not ever! They had no power. Many black nations exist, but none prospers. That slavery is the root of racism or the cause of black poverty is a cleverly crafted subterfuge by lazy-brained blacks; rip-off reparations and back-to-Africa scams. Racism against "Gooks" died with Japan's prosperity; the Chinese blew it away with cash and WMDs. India (remember we dissed Coolie man?) is gone clear with technology, space and nuclear arms. African is the only major population to be universally disrespected, even here; why? They have no prosperous, potential menacing nation. Others ask: Can they make the grade? Maybe, but with no proof of concept, let's stick it to blacks!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
That's an interesting read. At first glance, it reads somewhat like something that would appear on some racist, WASP type website. Of course, it isn't - it's an article written by a black, Jamaican journalist. Which makes sense to me.

One of my best friends, whom I met at college, is Jamaican and his views on black racism - especially in the U.S. - and the causes for the struggles of African Americans seems to fall pretty much in line with those of Mr. Johnston. According to him, there are two basic views on these issues held by virtually all Jamaicans: the view represented in this article and the view against which this article seems to rail - the ideas that slavery caused racism in the U.S., that whites are constantly trying to keep the black man down, etc. - i.e., your typical Black Panther type rhetoric. He also says that the vast majority of Jamaicans - including every single one he's ever met who either has a college degree or has lived in the U.S. - hold views similar to his and Mr. Johnston's.

I've noticed a similar sentiment from several others with whom I've been acquainted from African or the Caribbean who've lived in the U.S., as well. Most of them don't seem to get along, much less agree, with your typical Jesse Jackson / Al Sharpton types. When I was in college we had a particular Student Dean who was one such fellow and was constantly trying to marshal our African and Caribbean students to his cause. The vast majority of them couldn't stand him. He was, however, quite popular with our African American students.

The sentiment from our African and Caribbean students toward the struggles of African Americans in the U.S. seemed to be something like "stop playing the victim card, start taking responsibility for yourselves, and get to work to improve your own self and your own communities."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.