Link: USC's Jackson Wants to Shadow Alabama's Ridley in Opener

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

No surprise he says he wants to be the one to stay with Calvin. His reasoning, OTOH, isn't what you would expect:

"Yes sir, I do (want to follow Ridley). You've seen what (Lane Kiffin) did with Marqise Lee. (Kiffin) had him (when Lee) won the Biletnikoff (Award), had him everywhere on the field," Jackson told the Pac-12 Network during the league's media days on Thursday. "I guess me following him, would bump me into a (higher) candidacy for the Thorpe Award or any other award that's up. If I followed him, that would look great on me. It's going to show that I'm hungry, I'm ready to go for the season. I just want to set a statement for everyone for the season going (forward) that I'm not scared, I'm not backing down from anybody, and I'm just ready to go."
So he wants to cover Calvin not because he wants the challenge but because it'll make him look better?

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
It certainly comes off as "it's all about me." For the fans however, it will make for great viewing. LK will find ways to mix it up so that Jackson isn't always guarding him, if indeed that is their defensive plan.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I just want to tell everyone that I am not afraid. No. I am not afraid. Honestly, I am not scared. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. I am ready to go. Not afraid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ridley is a freak but so is Jackson. This kid can play and it will be a great match-up. Like Mack said you may hold down #3 but somebody else is going to get you.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Shadowing may not be the best idea. USC would be better off playing zone coverage to minimize big plays. Playing man to man on those guys is asking to be embarrassed.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
So he wants to cover Calvin not because he wants the challenge but because it'll make him look better?
Welcome to California. Nobody out here would bat an eyelash at that comment. To be fair, he probably means for it to sounds like he cares about a challenge, but this is La La land and bling is king. I am just used to what by Alabama standards is cultural vacuousness. Mostly it's just funny to me now.

That's cool. Shadow him...and let 13,88, 8,14,and 7 eat you alive. Pick your poison
This^^^
Jackson is the real deal. I am extremely excited for the match up and I actually would be very excited if USC let Jackson follow Ridley. It's best on best... who doesn't want that! But across the board we would eat them alive if they did that.

Also, please know that if Nick will allow him, Lane will hang 100 on SC
Oh, God, please, please, please let this happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.