Shaun King (BLM) predicts Turkey style coup if Trump wins

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
guilt by association sucks pretty hard doesn't it.
I think it calls for journalists to ask the legitimate spokesman whether they endorse the questionable position or not.
Too frequently journalists save us all the trouble of thinking rationally and just jump to the conclusion for us.

If a journalist asked the legitimate BLM leadership, "Do you endorse violence against police or are you endorsing a coup against the US government?" When the BLM leadership says, "Of course, not," then that should probably suffice (unless there is some compelling evidence that the leader is lying).

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I don't think BLM is violent. I think individuals who may happen to also be partial to the movement are violent.

Until we see BLM coordinate attacks, condone attacks, or take credit for them like a terrorist group I'm not going to go down the path of classifying them as one.

It is just like throwing every Muslim into the ISIS movement.
I agree that they don't publicly condone the violence that we've seen. That being said, we've had two major events of police execution in the last two weeks. Police that had absolutely nothing to do with the events that spawned the protests (most likely, they are all on administrative leave until after the investigation). I would expect a movement that truly wanted to peacefully protest and get the word out about their cause, to not just issue an errant statement (if they have even) to show dissent over these actions. I would expect them to rally and have maybe a vigil for the lives of men murdered simply by going to work that day.......

I personally feel, that by their lack of actively condemning these acts (i.e. marching, and assembling against these acts of murder......hell, block an interstate or two....they would any other time...), that they may not condone them, but they really don't give a damn either....

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Because some have said the BLM is wrong and "all lives matter," we get this...

Meh, one could switch out white for black and people would most likely say the same things. It looks like they just choose a poor name for their movement.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
"Our Lives Matter" would have been a much better slogan to get behind.

That tells me that their lives are important too. However, when you say black lives matter or white lives matter it makes other lives not seem important or of the same value.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Not sure where to put his, but this was a little bit clever.

Probably too soon...
Maybe this will never be okay.

Oh, it's OK...I like black olives on pizza, and in other Italian foods, salads, and Mexican food...but I prefer the green pimiento-stuffed olives in martinis, gin, with ice, very dry...never had Tapenade, didn't even know what it was...Google is my friend...found several recipes...Alton Brown even calls for a mixture of different kinds of olives--surely that can't work, can it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.