Welcome to LSU fans (with some cautions)...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Our recent poll on admitting new LSU members seemed pretty clear-cut. A large majority seems to approve, at least on a trial basis. Therefore, we will start accepting new applications, beginning immediately. There need to be a few reminders, both to new LSU members, and, to a lesser degree, to our own members.

First, this is, and always will be, first and foremost, a Bama site. It exists for the pleasure of Bama fans. What rival fans think is subordinate.The Bama/LSU rivalry seems to be more important to LSU fans than to Bama fans. New LSU members, and reinstated members, need to review site policies. The ignoring of or ignorance of policies was the principal reason LSU fans were originally banned. For shorthand, the most violated policies were trying to turn every thread into something involving LSU, if LSU or Miles were mentioned even once casually. Related was refusing to drop a topic, even after a warning from staff, and continuing to spar endlessly. Also related was what I would term an exaggerated and inflamed response to anything favorable said about Saban or perceived slights against Miles. Expect slights against Miles and LSU. It's normal. Just let it go. It's a Bama site. IOW, if you don't have thick skin, don't bother to apply.

Infractions will be dealt with swiftly and there will be no second and third chances for those who can't comply with policies. IOW, we expect LSU fans to comport themselves in the same manner as our other visiting fans, which was not the case in the past.

All this said, and, I hope, understood, let's see if we can make this work and be enjoyable.

TIDE-HSV, Senior Administrator, along with the entire staff...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Every family has one sibling whose kids annoy everyone and you really hate it when they come to your house. But every so often someone decides to include them out of guilt or obligation. Then you find a half eaten Cheeto on the floor. The other half smeared on your sheets and your Ozzie Newsome signed ball laying in the mud in the backyard, after you said it's too wet to even go outside in the first place.

Im just sayin

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
There's always two types of fans, including Alabama fans.

1 - Reasonable fans who contribute positively to discussions.

2 - Unreasonable fans who continually stir the pot.

There have been many Alabama fans banned from TF. Hell, I've been suspended before from here. But the truth is that if you're an Alabama fan the lines are clearly drawn here. If you're an opposing fan those lines are blurred a little, but make sure you know that they're there and they're tighter than ever.

As long as we can keep the good ones and feed out the bad ones, I'm good with it.

Side-story: In 2007 I was a student at the University of Alabama. I had my best friend down for the LSU game. He's a huge LSU fan and a great fan of football. He coaches here in Huntsville now after some College coaching gigs. We were walking around near my apartment. A sorority girl comes up, looks at him (in his LSU shirt and hat), grabs hit hat, throws it on the ground and stomps on it. I had never been more embarrassed in my life. She got a solid cussing that day, but it helped me phrase something I still hold true to this day; contribute positively, or don't contribute at all. That's my message to opposing fans.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Back in the days when we just got Coach Saban, and LSU was at least 50% on beating us (still are we just seem to pull it out) there were many LSU fans raring to discuss the Miles is better than Saban debate.
I don't know if LSU fans will show up unless they win this year, and we'll be raw and they'll not care if they're banned or not.

That's my prediction, but what do I know.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I figured when Tidefans was allowing them to once again post, we would be inundated with their rants. I too believe they are just waiting to see if they beat us this year then, Katie bar the door.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.