GOP discovers Free Speech again

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I would also point out to the OP that never has there been a general election candidate that revoked or denied as many press credentials as Trump has, and his campaign staff has made it clear to a number of journalists that if they deem their articles "untrue," their press credentials will be revoked, as happened with the Washington Post.

Not just an attempt to suppress freedom of the press/speech, but not the most brilliant political strategy either - ensuring several major media outlets can only cover the other candidate.
So if a ''news'' organization were to intentionally take liberties with the accuracy of their articles irt a particular candidate, so as to put that candidate in a lesser light with voters than the candidate they favor, they should still be granted access? Horse hockey.
If I were the candidate and the WP told lies about me, I'd make sure they were never again granted access. And if I were to win the election, after I was inaugurated they'd still be out.
A liar is a liar, and no one trusts a liar.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
So if a ''news'' organization were to intentionally take liberties with the accuracy of their articles irt a particular candidate, so as to put that candidate in a lesser light with voters than the candidate they favor, they should still be granted access? Horse hockey.
If I were the candidate and the WP told lies about me, I'd make sure they were never again granted access. And if I were to win the election, after I was inaugurated they'd still be out.
A liar is a liar, and no one trusts a liar.
The Washington Post later published pictures showing that they were accurate in their depiction of the "crowd" at the Trump rally. Trump did not punish a liar. He punished someone who was reporting a truth he didn't like, which has been a recurring theme for him and his tiny hands.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I would also point out to the OP that never has there been a general election candidate that revoked or denied as many press credentials as Trump has, and his campaign staff has made it clear to a number of journalists that if they deem their articles "untrue," their press credentials will be revoked, as happened with the Washington Post.

Not just an attempt to suppress freedom of the press/speech, but not the most brilliant political strategy either - ensuring several major media outlets can only cover the other candidate.
You mean this Hillary tactic ?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One side comment on Bush's observation about being the last Republican President: he needs to look both into the mirror AND at his Pappy to get a very good idea of WHY that might be. In both cases where a Bush has been Prez, they have left a party disaster behind them. The 94 Revolution was a turning away from Bush Sr (the Contract was taken from Reagan's 1985 SOTU) and then the falling in line compliantly behind Jr and his insane pick of Cheney ensured the fracturing of the party after 2006. He'd have been smarter to have ditched Cheney in 2004 (sent him hunting or something) and picked a capable successor.

That's not ALL that's wrong with the party by any stretch but it made the bad situation worse. Obama would have had a similar problem if there wasn't the big CLINTON name scaring off other candidates (although fewer other problems). It's part of why I thought Biden might run.

So W needs to take a truckload of responsibility for the problem he helped cause.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
One side comment on Bush's observation about being the last Republican President: he needs to look both into the mirror AND at his Pappy to get a very good idea of WHY that might be. In both cases where a Bush has been Prez, they have left a party disaster behind them. The 94 Revolution was a turning away from Bush Sr (the Contract was taken from Reagan's 1985 SOTU) and then the falling in line compliantly behind Jr and his insane pick of Cheney ensured the fracturing of the party after 2006. He'd have been smarter to have ditched Cheney in 2004 (sent him hunting or something) and picked a capable successor.

That's not ALL that's wrong with the party by any stretch but it made the bad situation worse. Obama would have had a similar problem if there wasn't the big CLINTON name scaring off other candidates (although fewer other problems). It's part of why I thought Biden might run.

So W needs to take a truckload of responsibility for the problem he helped cause.
Cheney was the gatekeeper. He was there to make sure the wars rolled on and that the corporations profited handsomely as a result. The problem with this is you're assuming, they aren't all bought in to the same program. I'm under no illusion that they are. They are simply lapdogs meant to be the public face of a private group's doing. CFR, Bilderberg, whatever. Those are the powers and the puppet masters. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Trump...they'll fall in line and march when they are told to march.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.