CFN: 2016 Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule Breakdown & Predictions

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Whew... They don't have much belief in the defense do they? Bama gives up 20+ to USC but only 16 to Ole Miss?

I've learned to quit predicting the actual scores of games because of non-offensive scores or crazy plays, but I have a hard time seeing some of the scores they have.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Whew... They don't have much belief in the defense do they? Bama gives up 20+ to USC but only 16 to Ole Miss?

I've learned to quit predicting the actual scores of games because of non-offensive scores or crazy plays, but I have a hard time seeing some of the scores they have.
Agreed.

And they appear to have bought the tennessee hype as well. I'm still not sold. Maybe they'll be as good as many think, I'll believe it when I see it. I do think LSU will be very good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agreed.

And they appear to have bought the tennessee hype as well. I'm still not sold. Maybe they'll be as good as many think, I'll believe it when I see it. I do think LSU will be very good.
I have a hard time with Tennessee hype solely based on one of the main reasons behind it - the way they finished last season. Not difficult to finish the season strong when you play some of the weakest teams in the conference.

Not to mention the love for Josh Dobbs. He played six Power 5 teams with 8+ wins (Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and Northwestern) last season. In those games, he threw for an average of 181.5 yards (better than 176.23 YPG season average) but had a worse passer rating (113.6 compared to 127 on the season) and worse completion percentage (54.9% to 59.6%). Of his 15 touchdowns, five game in those six games. He only had five interceptions on the season but threw two of them in those games.

Point being - he didn't face extreme competition much last year and didn't do so well when he did.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
At least CFN takes chances and doesn't just echo what everyone else is saying. I'll hope they are wrong with their LSU-Tennessee SEC Championship matchup. But it is at least a more interesting read than yet another Bama-Clemson-Ohio St-OU playoff prediction.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
The Alabama football schedule kicks off against USC, and the Trojans will have a major chip on their shoulders – they have a longer Week 1 win streak than the Crimson Tide.
Not hard when you play Hawaii, Idaho and other creampuffs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I could see Alabama or any team dropping 2 games, but their game by game scores are absurd. They have your offense scoring only 29 ppg and your defense allowing 16 ppg - neither of those is going to happen.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The Tennessee hype is unreal. Sure, they are returning a fair amount of talent and experience but what have these guys done? Where's the pedigree or winning edge? Big game experience?

While I expect them to COMPETE in the East, this talk of nationally contending is ridiculous. From 8-4, 9-3 to the playoffs? Pfft..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Tennessee hype is unreal. Sure, they are returning a fair amount of talent and experience but what have these guys done? Where's the pedigree or winning edge? Big game experience?

While I expect them to COMPETE in the East, this talk of nationally contending is ridiculous. From 8-4, 9-3 to the playoffs? Pfft..
I think that folks are giving them too much credit for how their game against Alabama played out last year.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think that folks are giving them too much credit for how their game against Alabama played out last year.
They have played us closer each year. Like your Buckeyes we get everyone's best effort. That was a tired Alabama team, too.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I could see Alabama or any team dropping 2 games, but their game by game scores are absurd. They have your offense scoring only 29 ppg and your defense allowing 16 ppg - neither of those is going to happen.
Perhaps that is because I haven't posted my score predictions yet. :biggrin: Seriously, it was uncanny how close our score predictions were last season. I would make my score prediction here on Monday or Tuesday. And then on Thursday, his write up on the week's game would have almost an identical score prediction.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.

Also they don't have a week off before they play us this year either. so.....tain't worried

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Their history of playing four consecutive conference games in four consecutive weeks outside of November, as they do this year, is not very pretty. Which is why Roy Kramer never scheduled that for them. Nor his good ole boyz he left in the scheduling department. They must finally all be gone or it wouldn't be happening this year either.

In fact,before 2011 you have to go all the way back to '62 and '63 to find a history. LOST ALL FOUR GAMES ALL THREE YEARS!

Edit: In 2008 they played the fourth game on 11-1. I'll count that one. LOST THREE of the FOUR Games!

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Tennessee.htm

Last edited:
This - Bama was playing its 8th consecutive game while UT had the previous week off.

We'll see who they fare this year when both teams show up having played seven consecutive games...
Exactly. They play VT & Ohio (they aren't pushovers).

Then the fun starts for them. It's UF, @UGA, @A&M, then Big Bama comes to their stadium. I don't believe they'll be able to hold up under that. Their season opener could even push them.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
While it is relevant to keep up with this, because you get a picture from a lot of sources. What's the point of picking the scores? "Preseason Prediction: Alabama 38, WKU 13" Come on, does someone really believe that anyone has ever accurately done that in the history of journalism. I believe a win or loss is more than sufficient at this point over the scores of every game lol.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.