Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Anyone else read it? Musk put it out last night

https://www.tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux

Master Plan, Part Deux

Elon Musk July 20, 2016
The first master plan that I wrote 10 years ago is now in the final stages of completion. It wasn't all that complicated and basically consisted of:

Create a low volume car, which would necessarily be expensive
Use that money to develop a medium volume car at a lower price
Use that money to create an affordable, high volume car
And...
Provide solar power. No kidding, this has literally been on our website for 10 years.
The reason we had to start off with step 1 was that it was all I could afford to do with what I made from PayPal. I thought our chances of success were so low that I didn't want to risk anyone's funds in the beginning but my own. The list of successful car company startups is short. As of 2016, the number of American car companies that haven't gone bankrupt is a grand total of two: Ford and Tesla. Starting a car company is idiotic and an electric car company is idiocy squared.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Tesla seems to have an upcoming hit with the 3. 350,000 people have apparently already put down a $1000 deposit. Only problem is from what I have heard their production max is in the 80k/yr range and the $7500 Fed subsidy will be running out for Tesla soon. Very interesting car though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Tesla seems to have an upcoming hit with the 3. 350,000 people have apparently already put down a $1000 deposit. Only problem is from what I have heard their production max is in the 80k/yr range and the $7500 Fed subsidy will be running out for Tesla soon. Very interesting car though.
The subsidy issue is why I didn't preorder. I don't think most people who buy the 3 will be able to apply subsidy. Unless, the subsidy gets renewed. Not exactly sure how that works..

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Tesla buys Solar City

I think they should concentrate on building cars for now.

Musk last week said it could ultimately cost Tesla "tens of billions" of dollars over several years to develop a pickup truck, a semi truck and a "spacebus" people hauler as outlined in his new strategic plan for the automaker.

Some analysts are skeptical that combining Tesla and SolarCity will yield a quick turnaround.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Tesla buys Solar City

I think they should concentrate on building cars for now.

Musk last week said it could ultimately cost Tesla "tens of billions" of dollars over several years to develop a pickup truck, a semi truck and a "spacebus" people hauler as outlined in his new strategic plan for the automaker.

Some analysts are skeptical that combining Tesla and SolarCity will yield a quick turnaround.
If Musk can make all-electric semi trucks feasible, that might be his best trick yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.