2017 S JaCoby Stevens Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's the #2 safety in the nation according to 247.

In the last four hours, seven Crystal Ball predictions have been made for Alabama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Back to JaCoby Stevens. I see where we are now tied with Georgia. Anyone know of anything particular relative to his recruitment that`s caused our surge, or have we always been at least one of his favorites?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Back to JaCoby Stevens. I see where we are now tied with Georgia. Anyone know of anything particular relative to his recruitment that`s caused our surge, or have we always been at least one of his favorites?
What I have read is that he really responded to specific criticism from our staff on how he can and should get better. Typically, a 5-star kid is buried under unctuous recruiting speak. Apparently, we talked to Stevens in a frank and constructively analytical way, and he took it very well.

Here's one link.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Go back and watch the Preakness, TF. His charge midway through the race will take your breath away.
It was like secretariat just flipped a switch and said "alright, I am done playing with you boys". He was shot out of a cannon at that point. That is one of my favorite clips of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What I have read is that he really responded to specific criticism from our staff on how he can and should get better. Typically, a 5-star kid is buried under unctuous recruiting speak. Apparently, we talked to Stevens in a frank and constructively analytical way, and he took it very well.

Here's one link.
Thanks for that link. Really good information on several recruits. I am not very familiar with the writer but he seems to be fairly well connected and knowledgeable. Looks like we are going to have another monster finish.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks for that link. Really good information on several recruits. I am not very familiar with the writer but he seems to be fairly well connected and knowledgeable. Looks like we are going to have another monster finish.
Kirschner is very good. That SEC Country site on the AJC regularly has a bunch of info about us.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I have seen JaCoby S. a couple of times since I live in the same city and my impression of him when I first saw him was he seemed to take plays off and didn't really go all out all the time. Now you could tell he was a stud though, and maybe he was just disconnected because of the horrible competition he was going up against. Compared to other players he looked like a linebacker out there. Maybe they spoke to him about little things like that because he has started getting a lot more attention since last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Jacoby has set an announcement date of August 8th. We lead in CB's slightly over LSWho but I saw the two most recent CB's have been for the corndogs. I really want this guy and hope he picks us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.