Link: 7 Most Hated CFB Teams

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Folks just can't accept our "good ole days" seeming to never end. Remember, there's a lot of teams out there who are still waiting for their first.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Lucius Accius nailed it first, though it's been often attributed to Caligula, "Let them hate, so long as they fear."

And make no mistake, they ("they" being the rest of the college football world, not just the SEC) do both hate and fear Alabama. Deep in the recesses of their hearts, they also respect us, though they would never say that publicly. Otherwise, they wouldn't celebrate like frat boys on Bourbon Street on Fat Tuesday on the odd occasion that they actually win.

If you buy into the 1941 national championship, which I admit is iffy, it's been nearly 125 years (123 to be exact) since a child was born and didn't see an Alabama national championship before he or she became a 22 year old college graduate. If you don't buy into the 1941 NC, it's still been 78 years -- 1938.

And that's what scares them. Even in the odd weak periods, they know it won't last, and we'll be coming back way sooner than they would like to think.

We've won at an elite level in the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s. Notice that the only decades missing there are the 1950s and 1980s. Even then, we won SEC championships.

Truthfully, I don't think they really hate us. They deal with an envy that glows green like kryptonite by professing hate.

It's good to be envied or hated, or whatever they want to call it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It is good to be on the list. Nobody hates Mississippi State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.