Walk-On Florida LB Stops Sexual Assault Outside of Gainesville Bar

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

A University of Florida football player assisted in stopping a rape that was happening behind a Gainesville restaurant early Thursday morning, according to police reports.

Cristian Garcia, a junior linebacker for the Florida Gators who played in one game last season, said he was working security at 101 Cantina when he and his co-worker saw the rapist and the woman behind the bar's Dumpster.

"I was taking out the garbage, and I saw the man pressing the woman up against the Dumpster. At first the guy said she was his girlfriend, but about five seconds later I realized the girl was unconscious," Garcia told GatorSports.com. "I turned around and pulled the guy by the shoulder and said, 'Get off.' That pretty much ended the situation then. He was intoxicated and attempted to throw some punches, but he slipped and busted his face on the wall."
Well done, Mr. Garcia. In a time of sexual assault cases at so many schools in the nation, this is a great story to read.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well done Cristian..Being a Dad of two beautiful young Baby Girls, I know I won't be there at all times, to protect them both when evil comes their way..It makes me sleep better at night knowing there are young men out there like Cristain..That would step up doing the right thing stopping bad situations like that when they come upon it happening.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
With all the bad we're hearing especially with this subject - good to hear one with a somewhat happier ending. Thx 91 and Garcia too.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Echo the thoughts that it is refreshing to get good news on the sexual abuse front. Of course, too often, the vast majority of players do the right thing and it is the few who tarnish their school's reputation as well as jeopardizing the perpetrator's future and scarring the victim for ever. By having a strong staff that does not tolerate sexual abuse is vital unlike Penn State in the past and Baylor currently. Of course, the 4 males (I cannot call them men) at Vanderbilt will have a long time to regret their behavior, especially the one who has already been sentenced.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's double good news for Florida, what with one of their top receivers serving a life sentence for murder (and facing trial for two more) and some of the other madness. Good guy this Garcia was, er, is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.