*** 2017 OL Hunter Brannon (Cullman) Commits to Bama ***

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I wonder if Lane was given a "blessing" to offer Hunter due to the likely situation of a grey shirt.

I'm not sure how many firm offers he has, but it at least gives him an opportunity to go somewhere and enroll right away if the option isn't on the table for being part of this class.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wonder if Lane was given a "blessing" to offer Hunter due to the likely situation of a grey shirt.

I'm not sure how many firm offers he has, but it at least gives him an opportunity to go somewhere and enroll right away if the option isn't on the table for being part of this class.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yep. Plus Lane was his recruiter at UA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Admittedly a homer having been born and raised in God's Country I would much rather walk on and pay my way at the Capstone before I would trip down to FAU just for playing time under Lane...JMHO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Judging by what Brannon told BOL after the offer, he is going to continue to wait on the staff to tell him when he can get on campus.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Here is an interview with Hunter from Rivals. He likes Lane, he said we have not mentioned a grayshirt to him and he really likes our staff and other OL commits. I don't really know what to make of it.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/brannon-updates-commitment-status
He is the least heralded commit but not to say unwanted since we accepted his commitment. I think we honor that commitment but ask him to be a team player and enroll in January since we must fill the class at other positions of need. Lane knew of this and hence the offer but I still think the kid accepts a greyshirt.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Here is an interview with Hunter from Rivals. He likes Lane, he said we have not mentioned a grayshirt to him and he really likes our staff and other OL commits. I don't really know what to make of it.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/brannon-updates-commitment-status
I'm not saying the kid isn't telling the truth but something doesn't add up here. I have every confidence in our staff but this looks like one of those deals that makes us look bad.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Kiffin must be delusional. No highly recruited football player is going to FAU. They want prime time exposure and FAU has none.

I heard Hunter had one spectacular
camp in Tuscaloosa that got everyone excited, but his play after that was far from spectacular. Sounds like he's got a great mentality/personality, but Bama will be fine if he goes elsewhere. Could turn out to be the second coming of Bozeman, though. Do they drug test for PEDs at those camps?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kiffin must be delusional. No highly recruited football player is going to FAU. They want prime time exposure and FAU has none.
I am not sure that this is true - they want to play in the NFL. Kiffin has a great track record of developing offensive players and putting them in the NFL. IMO, he will attract players in his own right, no matter where he coaches.

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
I am not sure that this is true - they want to play in the NFL. Kiffin has a great track record of developing offensive players and putting them in the NFL. IMO, he will attract players in his own right, no matter where he coaches.

Agree here. The question with Lane is the question that he always has to answer...can he get out of his own way long enough to have success? There is a mountain of evidence on one side of that argument and not much on the other side.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Agree here. The question with Lane is the question that he always has to answer...can he get out of his own way long enough to have success? There is a mountain of evidence on one side of that argument and not much on the other side.
Guess we'll find out how much he actually learned from Coach Saban over the past three years.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Guess we'll find out how much he actually learned from Coach Saban over the past three years.
I don't think it's a matter of learning anything. The man clearly has at least two addictions and maybe some personality disorder. He almost reminds me of a chilled out version of Clare Danes' bipolar character on Homeland. In short, unless Lane has a good support system around him, I'm afraid he's doomed to fail.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.