DC Comic Con Trailers: (Wonder Woman & Justice League)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Batman v Superman, even for a die hard fan of DC like myself , was a disappointment mostly due to the hype and the lack of character development. I didn't outright hate the theatrical cut, but I wasn't blown away by it either. I think most people saw the potential in the overlong and mostly depressing movie, but for many reasons it didn't work like it should have for a movie called BvS, and the one that was to launch the universe. But as much as I blamed it on Snyder when it first came out (I still do in the casting of Eisenberg) the Ultimate Edition kinda changed my mind, and made me think that the studio (WB) pushing it so fast was the reason. The trailers that came out yesterday make me think that might have been the case.

Wonder Woman: Set during WWI, its her first contact with mankind. So kinda like Captain America. But I guess it shows that there can be a DC movie that has some action, and not be character analysis dialogue throughout the whole movie.

Justice League: The biggest takeaway for me is there is atleast an attempt at humor. So it doesn't seem its going to be this Nolan/Snyder depressing film.

Just wanted to share, and see what yall think? Does it seem like a step in the right direction, need to see more, or just more of the same?

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
does the new wonder woman have the "acting talents" of Lynda Carter?
I believe Gadot to be an above average actress, but its really hard to judge because she pretty much is just now starting to become a serious actress. She mostly has been known for being eye candy in the more recent fast and furious films. Wonder Woman is going to be her 1st big movie in which she is a main focus of the movie. I know she played the role in BvS, but she only accounted for less than 10% of a 3 hour movie even with extended scenes.

Here is her filmography

Fast & Furious
Gisele Yashar
Date Night
Natanya
Knight and Day
Naomi
Fast Five
Gisele Yashar
Fast & Furious 6
Gisele Yashar
Kicking Out Shoshana
Mirit Ben Harush
Israeli film
Furious 7
Gisele Yashar
Photograph/Archive Footage
Triple 9
Elena Vlaslov
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Criminal
Jill Pope
Keeping Up with the Joneses
Natalie Jones
Post-production
Wonder Woman
Post-production
Justice League
Filming

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I enjoyed the hell out of the WW trailer. I'm hoping it won't have the glacial pacings issues that BvS has.

I watched BvS extended cut Friday--I didn't see the theatrical cut, so this was my first viewing. While the plot flows relatively well, the fact remains that it's a dumb plot, one that depends on everyone involved acting like an idiot. Snyder is still trying to convince people that he's an artiste, and so we get a lot of unnecessary dreams and flashbacks--for the love of God, how many times must Thomas and Martha Wayne die??--along with painfully obvious cribbings of shots from The Dark Knight Returns.

For his part, Affleck does a pretty solid job as both Batman and Wayne.

Gal Gadot pretty much steals the movie despite her limited screen time.

Still don't know what the crap is going on with Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor. NOTHING about that character makes a lick of sense.

It has become painfully obvious that Snyder does not understand Superman, either as a character or as a cultural icon. Henry Cavil could probably do a good job with the role if they would let him smile more.

The WW trailer was good, and the Justice League trailer

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I enjoyed the hell out of the WW trailer. I'm hoping it won't have the glacial pacings issues that BvS has.

I watched BvS extended cut Friday--I didn't see the theatrical cut, so this was my first viewing. While the plot flows relatively well, the fact remains that it's a dumb plot, one that depends on everyone involved acting like an idiot. Snyder is still trying to convince people that he's an artiste, and so we get a lot of unnecessary dreams and flashbacks--for the love of God, how many times must Thomas and Martha Wayne die??--along with painfully obvious cribbings of shots from The Dark Knight Returns.

For his part, Affleck does a pretty solid job as both Batman and Wayne.

Gal Gadot pretty much steals the movie despite her limited screen time.

Still don't know what the crap is going on with Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor. NOTHING about that character makes a lick of sense.

It has become painfully obvious that Snyder does not understand Superman, either as a character or as a cultural icon. Henry Cavil could probably do a good job with the role if they would let him smile more.

The WW trailer was good, and the Justice League trailer
vern troyer would have made more sense than eisenberg

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe it's just me, but Chris Pine looks like he had some kind of surgery, or the boy just aging well.

He's starting to look like Vander Geek from Dawson's Creek

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I'm impressed with both of these trailers. I had my doubts about Ezra Miller as the Flash, but I think he's going to do a great job. I always thought Jason Moma would be perfect for Aquaman, but I'm even more convinced now. Haven't seen enough of Ray Fisher yet, but the rest of the cast looks awesome. If the story's any good, I think Justice League will be incredible. The Wonder Woman trailer was great, too.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Both trailers were lackluster to me. Left me wanting. DC for some reason just isn't getting it outside of Suicide Squad.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Well WW is going to be DC's first captain America film. Which ironically I find the Cap 1 as one of the three worst in the mcu, but I am very optimistic for WW. I think it is more because they probably have more range to explore with WW than they did with Cap in his 1st film. I just hope they keep the plot a secret and don't repeat the BvS route of giving us all the secrets within the trailers

As far a Justice League... I believe this is more of teaser or announcement trailer than a regular 1. From what I've read WB and Snyder talked to the biggest critics and asked what the single biggest issue was with BvS and the critics they interviewed mostly said the depressing mood. So Snyder filmed these scenes first and even flew the critics to the sets in England to show the mood was way lighter than BvS. Which actually fits with the sudden optimism amongst the biggest critics of BvS. But the point is JL is a year and 4 months out. So don't expect any real trailers until the Super Bowl. This was more of showing the mood.

DC Comic Con Trailers: (Wonder Woman & Justice League)

Well WW is going to be DC's first captain America film. Which ironically I find the Cap 1 as one of the three worst in the mcu, but I am very optimistic for WW. I think it is more because they probably have more range to explore with WW than they did with Cap in his 1st film. I just hope they keep the plot a secret and don't repeat the BvS route of giving us all the secrets within the trailers

As far a Justice League... I believe this is more of teaser or announcement trailer than a regular 1. From what I've read WB and Snyder talked to the biggest critics and asked what the single biggest issue was with BvS and the critics they interviewed mostly said the depressing mood. So Snyder filmed these scenes first and even flew the critics to the sets in England to show the mood was way lighter than BvS. Which actually fits with the sudden optimism amongst the biggest critics of BvS. But the point is JL is a year and 4 months out. So don't expect any real trailers until the Super Bowl. This was more of showing the mood.
Cap 1 was good to me, not great but definitely not one of the worst MCU movies. WW looked boring to me? But we don't know the true enemy. It isn't like she has a great villain catalog though. Gal still looks awkward in that role and her weak acting skills are on full display.

I'm interested in JL because of batman and The Flash. I know it wasn't a true trailer and I'm surprised that they even had something at SDCC. Still, I don't know how much they've learned. Still interested in JL because it is Bats and Supes along with the rest.

Aquaman though is trash.

Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.