RIO 2016 - Games of the XXXI Olympiad - August 5-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If I were in an event that required getting into or onto the water, I wouldn't be getting anywhere near Rio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
new tactic I hasn't seen before

something tells me these games are going to be a colossal fail

http://deadspin.com/chinese-hurdler-vomited-on-robbed-of-luggage-on-first-1784577464

According to the International Sport Press Association (AIPS), the man then vomited over Shi, who went to clean himself up while the cameraman chased the man out of the hotel.

When they returned, all of the camerman’s equipment had been stolen, as well as baggage belonging to both men.

it then took 2 hours of waiting in line to report the crime as there were so many ahead of them reporting muggings

you'd think that the city would put in VIP areas at the police station for athletes or something

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

http://deadspin.com/chinese-hurdler-vomited-on-robbed-of-luggage-on-first-1784577464

it then took 2 hours of waiting in line to report the crime as there were so many ahead of them reporting muggings

you'd think that the city would put in VIP areas at the police station for athletes or something
and here i didn't think anyone would ever be able to tard up the olympics worse than atlanta

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and here i didn't think anyone would ever be able to tard up the olympics worse than atlanta
silver pickup truck ballet aside Atlanta actually did well. Didn't bankrupt us, ended up with some great facilities that are still in use, cleaned up Techwood Homes and the entire city of all the "homes" and forced GA 400 to finally be done. To me it was one of the best things to happen to our City and without it there is no way you'd be able to live where you do today. That part of town was inaccessible pre-Olympics

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

They'll be a success because most of the crap will be hidden from TV and people are easily entertained.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
silver pickup truck ballet aside Atlanta actually did well. Didn't bankrupt us, ended up with some great facilities that are still in use, cleaned up Techwood Homes and the entire city of all the "homes" and forced GA 400 to finally be done. To me it was one of the best things to happen to our City and without it there is no way you'd be able to live where you do today. That part of town was inaccessible pre-Olympics
agreed on the benefits to atlanta in the aftermath and it's effects on downtown. i think we've done more than most from that perspective.

i was talking more about the vendor silliness and in-general bill campbell. i'm just piling on atlanta now ;)

i think the impact was greater on the areas closer in-town and the centennial park area than it was in east point/college park/hapeville area. what seemed to drive stuff to the tri-cities more was when the in-town neighborhood values started going through the roof in 2000 onward, admittedly due in part to the olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.