Alabama freshman linebacker leaving program

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Kind of odd since he was asked to greyshirt when he signed a few years ago and he complied with that. Hopefully this isn't a case where there wasn't a scholarship available for him. That wouldn't be right after asking him to greyshirt. Who knows though. Could just be PT related or not meshing with the new defensive coordinator..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Kind of odd since he was asked to greyshirt when he signed a few years ago and he complied with that. Hopefully this isn't a case where there wasn't a scholarship available for him. That wouldn't be right after asking him to greyshirt. Who knows though. Could just be PT related or not meshing with the new defensive coordinator..
Who knows?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I remember reading how happy he was to join the program back in February. He had hired a trainer, added 20 pounds during the year in waiting. He must be very disappointed.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I read the AL article and it seems to suggest that there were lot of players ahead of him at LB spot and that he wasn't going to see any playing time anytime soon. At the best look, He probably would play on special teams, and play in mop up games. I don't think it was scholarship issues... I don't blame him for leaving the program in seeking playing time elsewhere. He figured it out early on, so He'll be okay. I wouldnt be shocked to see him at UAB or Jacksonville State.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wisky usually does well with front seven guys...I think he may find a spot there in a year or two.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I hate it for Bell but I guess a backer coming to U of A really doesn't know what he is in for until he gets to campus. At the level we are now recruiting it does not surprise me there is attrition by kids who simply want to play ball. For most, college will be their last shot. I wish him the best.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wiskey does a good job of getting into guys ears in this state. Been impressed by the fact that they are able to get recruits up there from here. Honestly would have thought the weather would be more of a factor. That being said, much success to the young man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.