Jamar King goes from assembly line worker to Alabama

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Great story - have to root for a guy who does what he has to do to take care of his family. Hopefully 'bama will be a great stepping stone for him for the longer term for football, work and life.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Semi-pro football players can go back to college, depending on how much eligibility they have left - the NCAA rules say that for every season an athlete plays semi-pro football after his 21st birthday, he loses a season of eligibility.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Wasn't there a D-lineman some years back that was basically doing the same thing in T'town? For some reason I thought he worked for JVC or something like that to pay his tuition and walked on at Bama?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good for him and I hope he makes it. Would be a great success story if he could get a few years in the NFL and earn a nice paycheck or two. But on a personal note, I don't think a 27 year old man has any business on the same football field as college kids. I think there needs to be an age limit, especially in football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Good for him and I hope he makes it. Would be a great success story if he could get a few years in the NFL and earn a nice paycheck or two. But on a personal note, I don't think a 27 year old man has any business on the same football field as college kids. I think there needs to be an age limit, especially in football.
BYU objects this notion.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
But on a personal note, I don't think a 27 year old man has any business on the same football field as college kids. I think there needs to be an age limit, especially in football.
But you were okay with A'Shawn? :biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I assume that was meant to be in blue font? A'Shawn is only 21. He was 20 when he played his last game for Bama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was a joke since A'Shawn has looked like a grown man since he was 16 (probably started looking like a grown man around 12, but I have no verification).

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I assume that was meant to be in blue font? A'Shawn is only 21. He was 20 when he played his last game for Bama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was a joke since A'Shawn has looked like a grown man since he was 16 (probably started looking like a grown man around 12, but I have no verification).
Correct, thus the emoji. I post a lot on my phone...ain't got time for blue font.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Didn't we have a DB a couple of years ago that had played baseball & was a bit older? Don't think he ever saw the field though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Didn't we have a DB a couple of years ago that had played baseball & was a bit older? Don't think he ever saw the field though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't recall his name but I do remember him. He was really cut and looked great in a uniform (seems photos were posted) but he had been away from the game too long to really contribute.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.