Blog: Latest Bama News 7/25/2016 Thru 8/1/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
The Read Option

A few months ago, you might've heard about one of Lewis Neal's secondary ventures. The defensive end who led LSU in sacks as a junior described his time spent day trading on the foreign exchange market in an interview with Campus Sports, which says Neal's "at times bringing in four to five figures a week."

Once I took it serious, it helped me out a lot and changed my life going into my junior year of college. [...] There are certain times of the day that you have to trade because of the market. I know when the most volatile times of the day are, so once I got a disciplined schedule I put it all together with school, football, trading and everything.
A national title contender's 6'2, 265-pound player who's considered a likely NFL Draft pick and is said to be developing a potentially more lucrative career on the side: that sounds pretty good.
OK, and now there's more (this also includes a phone app, a new investment firm, and plans to get into real estate at some point):
Lewis Neal opened his hair salon Wednesday for free cuts to 1st responders

"I wanted to do something positive" https://t.co/URift1rgxN #LSU
— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) July 27, 2016
Also, two weeks ago, the sports admin major claimed to have broken LSU's power clean record, with video of his 391-pound lift.
Also also, LSU has a new defense that should play to his tweener physique, letting him line up all along the defensive line and at outside linebacker.
Lewis Neal is 21 years old. At his age, I was still going to Taco Bell at 3 a.m. to fuel another round of creating wrestlers on PlayStation 2.

Elsewhere!

CAL IS GIVING AWAY MARSHAWN LYNCH MEDICAL CART BOBBLEHEADS
Bill C team of the day: Ohio State, which loses a whole ton (at least!) of talent and will take, at absolute most, one year off from chasing a Playoff spot.
Bruce Feldman's annual Freaks list is topped by Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, and it's pretty easy to see why.
Penn State's claiming rivals are using the latest Joe Paterno allegations in recruiting. If coaches are telling recruits that more NCAA sanctions are coming, that's a very risky tactic.
The story of Joseph Putu, a Liberian war refugee who now plays for Florida.
Michigan's new deal with Nike's Jordan Brand now includes maize-and-blue Js. This whole thing is gonna be monstrous in recruiting.
Justin Timberlake's role in Memphis' Big 12 quest now includes a tweet of support, to which Larry The Cable Guy responded with support for his friend Scott Frost's UCF. I don't make things up.
A close analysis of a head coach throwing out an MLB first pitch. In this case, Maryland's.
Commits of the day: four-star athlete and former Ohio State commit Bruce Judson to USF (!) and a three-star corner who flipped from TCU to rival Texas.
Nebraska's biggest source of offseason drama (I think) is now resolved: the season sellout streak will continue.
Numbskull podcast Shutdown Fullcast is only five teams away from completing its predictions for all the Power 5. The latest episode concerns how little Chicago cares about any of this and involves me trying to talk two Florida fans into Will Muschamp making a bowl.
Remember former Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott's DUI arrest before the NFL Draft? Not guilty.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.