Link: Shyheim Carter: The 2016 Team's Minkah Fitzpatrick?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Ole Miss already had two of the top four players in this year's recruiting class — five-star quarterback Shea Patterson and five-star offensive tackle Greg Little.

That was part of the Rebels' pitch to Shyheim Carter during the buildup to National Signing Day: You can complete the Big Three and give our class three headliners like we had in 2013 with Robert Nkemdiche, Laremy Tunsil and Laquon Treadwell.

Ole Miss coaches told Carter, a four-star cornerback, that he was one of the players they coveted the most in this year's class.

But Carter chose Alabama, and at least some people inside the Tide program believe the 6-foot, 190-pound Louisiana native could be the 2016 version of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Why's that significant? Fitzpatrick beat out multiple veterans for Alabama's nickel back job as a freshman last year and went on to establish himself as one of the SEC's top young defensive backs.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
What does a productive, talented secondary do? Turn the ball over, break up passes, contain outside runs, create coverage sacks. If the front 7 can pressure consistently then I can see this group doing all that and more. Very excited to see how it works.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Minkah is a special player for sure. He only had a couple plays that I'm betting he would like back. He should have picked Dobbs off twice. He got worked pretty hard in the first half against Clemson and then played very well in the 2nd half. I can't wait to see him take the next step. He could be 1st team All-American.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Minkah is a special player for sure. He only had a couple plays that I'm betting he would like back. He should have picked Dobbs off twice. He got worked pretty hard in the first half against Clemson and then played very well in the 2nd half. I can't wait to see him take the next step. He could be 1st team All-American.
The only reason I wasn't more frustrated with him in the Clemson game was I could see how angry he was with himself. He was the better athlete between the 2 but got outgunned a few times. He put an end to that in the 2nd half, like you said. Nothing like getting roasted in a national championship game to motivate a person.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The only reason I wasn't more frustrated with him in the Clemson game was I could see how angry he was with himself. He was the better athlete between the 2 but got outgunned a few times. He put an end to that in the 2nd half, like you said. Nothing like getting roasted in a national championship game to motivate a person.
I'm not sure anybody could have covered their "Wes Welker/Julian Edelman". That guy was super quick and Deshaun was putting the ball on the money every throw. Tough to defend.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.