DNC Convention: Upheaval, threats, and everything Clinton

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
From Trumpbart:

9:50: Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright says Clinton has Harry Truman’s fighting spirit. She says Trump has damaged national security just by running for president. She says a Trump presidency would give the Russians a “green light” and would be a “gift” to Putin.

And giving Putin 20% of our uranium stash, in return for $2.35M, to the Clinton Crime Family Fund is good for national security.

Oy vey.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The old guy with white hair on right now......I've seen him somewhere before.....some kind of evangelist.....
That's not an evangelist! That's a Used Car Salesman. He could sell crap (excrement) to a fellow Democrat and they would feel they got a bargain.:eek:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
JO BECKER and MIKE McINTIRE said:
And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.
NYT Tin foil hat?

John Solomon and Kelly Riddell said:
Bill Clinton’s foundation set up a fundraising arm in Sweden that collected $26 million in donations at the same time that country was lobbying Hillary Rodham Clinton’s State Department to forgo sanctions that threatened its thriving business with Iran, according to interviews and documents obtained by The Washington Times.
Bill Clinton’s foundation cashed in as Sweden lobbied Hillary on sanctions

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think folks get too worked up one way or the other and the media causes a lot of it.

26 million tuned in to the Convention
Monday night. There are approximately 242 million adults and 129 million voted in 2012 - about 2 million less than 2008.

In short, about 10.7% of the total population tuned in; if you figure it on the basis of VOTERS (per 2012) then it's about 20.2%. The percentage might be a little higher since I SUSPECT the voting total will drop this year, possibly dramatically. (Clinton's easy re-election drew 8 million fewer voters than 1992 despite an awesome economy, peace at home, and alleged vicious anger at his opponent for being a soldier in the Republican Revolution). And despite the fact that it was certainly POSSIBLE that the Democrats could have taken back BOTH houses that year.

Then you have to remember that for the most part the people who tune in party conventions are the folks who are already partisan anyway......I've not watched a Convention speech since (junior) Bush's nomination (August 3, 2000). In fact, I've only watched maybe....MAYBE.....five Convention speeches in my lifetime. As Elizabeth Drew observed in 1988, these speeches mean nothing in the larger picture. The candidate has months to prepare the speech, goes through hours of rehearsal.....and has the most sympathetic audience he (or she) will ever have.

Conventions don't make or destroy candidacies anymore.

And despite all the hub-bub we're going to hear later, neither do debates. The guy with the worst debate performance in American history might have been no Jack Kennedy......but he won the race by a whole lot more than JFK did.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Dear Bernie Bros: Welcome to reality. Bernie isn't a sell out, he just understands the stakes and the options.
Toma[y]to, toma[h]to.

Either you truly believe what you spew or you don't. If he truly believed - as he stated - a couple months ago that she wasn't fit to be president then he would still believe that today.

It's just that now, since Hillary has won the nomination, it's best for the party for him to endorse her.

All that means is that he has a good reason for selling out; he's still selling out.

Unless, of course, he was lying about his true feelings towards Hillary throughout the entire campaign.

Which is worse?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This is why the Bernie-bros are ticked off - they thought (and I admit, I did too, for a little bit) that Bernie was a different animal, not your typical politician, but...

Just another POLITICIAN! Which is it Bernie? You were a spineless wimp! Man, stand up for what you believe!

Based on HER ideas and leadership, all our kids and grandkids will become better LIARS with HER leading our country!

If she is elected, I honestly hope that I croak before she takes office! I just can't take the lying, corruption, and cackling!!!!!!!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
To the ignoroids.............you are the ones who need the tin foil hats:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/22/nyt-clintons-failed-to-disclose-2-35m-donation-from-russian-owned-uranium-corp/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

So you won't have to strain reading it...............your brain might hurt...............

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.
Go kvetch to the NY Slimes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.